5 replies to this topic

#1 linkfr

linkfr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:35 PM

Hi, I know this is a common topic but i didnt find an answer suitable for me coz i'm using Platform theme (NOT pro) - and most of topics deal with other PageLines or WP themes. Could anyone please show me the way to achieve showing the Continue reading link in French - "Lire la suite" ? Thanks for understanding,

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:36 PM

For PageLines Lite, you may want to try translation plugins found here: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/

#3 linkfr

linkfr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:06 PM

Hi Catrina, thanks, I just tried for example TransDeluxe. Indeed i don't need the whole site to be translated because it is in French already. What i want is the theme to fully respect the settings site language - French (while keeping a dashboard in English, by the way). I think this is a common issue - that themes dont fully show content on the selected language, right?

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:28 PM

Yes, it's a very common issue. For some reason there are always leftover words that need to be translated.

#5 linkfr

linkfr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

Hi everyone,

A couple of months later... My newbie blog in French still shows Continue reading in English...

Does anyone have an idea on how i could force translation to "Lire la suite" and restore the right arrow after "suite"?

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

The only other way this would be possible would be with Poedit, but you'd need to have the Pro version of PageLines Framework to perform the translation with that tool.