Photo

How to show full posts inline with Read More Inline plugin?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 linkfr

linkfr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:30 PM

Hi, I would like to show full posts without loading a new page when clicking on Continue reading link (i'm using Platform theme - NOT pro). To do so, i'm trying to use Read More Inline plugin, but it doesn't work. Could anyone please be so kind to show me the way to achieve showing posts inline? I have a dropdown categories widget. When i click on a category, i get to http://www.site.com/category/ This page shows several posts. Their excerpts to be precise. Each followed by the Continue reading link. I'd like to show full posts on that same page (site.com/category). Looking forward for your replies,

#2 Jenny

Jenny

Advocate

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2924 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:34 PM

I'm not sure what the options are in the free Platform theme since that is now considered a legacy theme (and a free one at that), but you can try search through the "blog and posts" option and see if something is there to show full posts. If not, I'm not sure it can be done without editing PHP code (which we do not recommend editing core files).

#3 linkfr

linkfr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:58 PM

Hi simple_mama, thanks. I took a look into Blog and posts option but found nothing to make Continue reading link show full post without on the current page, so i'm afraid i should modify the php code. Do you or anyone else maybe know what file i should modify and how?

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15215 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:55 AM

HI, Platform Pro is not setup like other Wordpress themes. Therefore, I think the best course of action would be to contact one of our Pros and see if they can assist you. http://www.pagelines.com/pros/