5 replies to this topic

#1 linkfr

linkfr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:21 PM

Hi, I've been searching for days and hope i'll find the way through here. I need to paste the code below in Platform theme (NOT pro) in order to show related links on posts thanks to Related Links plugin: Could someone please be so kind to tell me where i should paste it exactly (file and line)? Looking forward for your replies,

#2 Jenny

Jenny

Owned by PageLines

• Unicorn Store Dev

• 2920 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:31 PM

Unfortunately that would require editing the core files which we never recommend. You're welcome to get in there and dig around yourself but editing core files can cause your theme to fail. If you're wanting to add customizations, it is highly recommended to upgrade to the full version of the product.

#3 linkfr

linkfr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:42 PM

Hi simple_mama, thanks, i tried that before but my problem is i just don't know what file i should paste the code in. I've thought about getting the full version later, but i can't now. Could you please just tell me the name of the file and i'll try even if there's a risk for me? I'm sure PageLines theme and my theme will both look even nicer if i can add related posts to each post.

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:51 PM

Please make sure that you have everything backed up properly (in case your site crashes). The file you need to put that code in is on the post loop file (this is where the stream of posts is located).

#5 linkfr

linkfr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:34 PM

Hi again Catrina, thanks a lot! That was indeed one of the files i tried first and it hadn't worked... But i just tried pasting the code in different places and it worked when included at the very beginning, as a first line. Doesn't really look very nice (links appear before the post and there's no blank line between them and the post title), i'm not a webmaster (at all) but i'll try to find out a way to make it look nice. If i can't find it, i'll just add related links manually to each post. Thanks a lot again - keep as cool as you are! (I'll just find now a way to mark this solved).

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:38 PM

You can mark this as solved by clicking the "Thanks" link in my post above.