Photo
- - - - -

Buddy Press Pages Giving 404 page

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 illinimatt81

illinimatt81

• Members

• 211 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:24 PM

I did a fresh install of pagelines framework on a new domain I am using for the membership portion of my site. I installed as a child theme, have buddypress installed, the template pack and the pagelines buddy press integration. When I try to access any of the buddypress options from the dropdown I am getting "404" pages. I've read several threads here and I'm not sure what I am doing wrong.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:35 PM

Do you have any forum activity going on?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Have you set up BuddyPress correctly? Via Dashboard > Settings > BuddyPress? Did you go to Dashboard > Appearance > BP Compatibility check and run that?

#3 illinimatt81

illinimatt81

• Members

• 211 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:46 PM

Ok Strange. I checked everything and I did indeed do everything right on the setup. I got a random idea that maybe my admin acct that I setup wordpress with somehow didn't integrate right into buddy press as it was created before I had installed buddy press. I created another account and whola, seems all is well. I guess I will create a new account for me and hope all works. What I don't understand is my original account was able to see buddy press pages like

but only if i entered the URL in directly. If I went to the drop down in the upper right of the wordpress bar and tried to access anything from there I got a "404" page. When creating a new account no such issue...

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:37 PM

Well with BuddyPress for Nav menus, I found it best to create Custom Links following the ones found in the BP Compatibility Check. As long as it's working, I'd say "be happy!" ;-)

#5 illinimatt81

illinimatt81

• Members

• 211 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:55 PM

Thanks, the integration seemed straight forward. Just was quirky once it was done until I figured out this "glitch" I note above. Hopefully this thread helps others.