Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Resolved Parent link being changed to #m1 and child menus only showing in dropdown after clicking parent.

Question

Posted · Report post

When I add pages separately, all the links work. If I make two items "children" of the first in the Wordpress menu manager, then the link of the parent item gets changed to #m1 and no longer links to the parent page as intended. Also, the two child menu items do show up in a drop down menu, but only after you click on the parent menu item, not with a simple mouseover.

6 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi -- followup question: Is it possible to make the Fixed Navigation Bar behave with a mouseover dropdown, rather than on-click?

Posted · Report post

The topic was marked as resolved.

Posted · Report post

Hi, This is because you're using the NavBar section which is based on Twitter Bootstrap navigation design. Where you access drop down menus via a click instead of a hover action. If you prefer to access your drop down menus and have the parent link clickable to a URL, you will need to replace the NavBar with the NavClassic section. You can do this by logging into your Wordpress Admin Dashbaord > PageLines > Drag and Drop > Header.

Posted · Report post

Great, that worked. I don't think I would have worked that out myself. However, when I use NavClassic or BrandNav how do I make changes to the theme of the menu or remove the search bar and such? It seems that the "Navbar" settings under "Site Settings" don't apply to NavClassic or BrandNav.

Posted · Report post

I had the same question as Newbie and you answered it partially. I know I can use CSS to change the color of the NavClassic menu, change the position, etc. But how can I add the menu items I lost when I switched from the BrandNav to NavClassic? And can I put my logo on NavClassic like on the BrandNav? Thanks.

addendum: I see now that this is the PageLines lite forum. I actually paid for Framework, so I will ask in the paid forums.