Photo
Resolved

Parent link being changed to #m1 and child menus only showing in dropdown after clicking parent.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 backupcomau

backupcomau

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:27 AM

When I add pages separately, all the links work. If I make two items "children" of the first in the Wordpress menu manager, then the link of the parent item gets changed to #m1 and no longer links to the parent page as intended. Also, the two child menu items do show up in a drop down menu, but only after you click on the parent menu item, not with a simple mouseover.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 13021 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:46 AM

Hi, This is because you're using the NavBar section which is based on Twitter Bootstrap navigation design. Where you access drop down menus via a click instead of a hover action. If you prefer to access your drop down menus and have the parent link clickable to a URL, you will need to replace the NavBar with the NavClassic section. You can do this by logging into your Wordpress Admin Dashbaord > PageLines > Drag and Drop > Header.

#3 backupcomau

backupcomau

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:52 PM

Great, that worked. I don't think I would have worked that out myself. However, when I use NavClassic or BrandNav how do I make changes to the theme of the menu or remove the search bar and such? It seems that the "Navbar" settings under "Site Settings" don't apply to NavClassic or BrandNav.

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:31 PM

You'll need to custom CSS to make changes to the appearance of both. For further instruction please see here: http://www.pagelines...wiki/Custom_CSS

#5 laanelson

laanelson

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:09 PM

I had the same question as Newbie and you answered it partially. I know I can use CSS to change the color of the NavClassic menu, change the position, etc. But how can I add the menu items I lost when I switched from the BrandNav to NavClassic? And can I put my logo on NavClassic like on the BrandNav? Thanks.

addendum: I see now that this is the PageLines lite forum. I actually paid for Framework, so I will ask in the paid forums.

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 13021 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:36 AM

The topic was marked as resolved.

#7 healthyhand

healthyhand

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:35 AM

Hi -- followup question: Is it possible to make the Fixed Navigation Bar behave with a mouseover dropdown, rather than on-click?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resolved