Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to create a full-width image at top of home page and

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi, I'm trying to add a full width image (one that stretches the entire width of the browser) for the home page only. At the bottom, I like the content to be restricted within 1024px. See image here for illustration: demo.png Any ideas how I can do this?

1 person likes this

8 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

To be clear, this isn't to be available on all pages and posts? Just the homepage?

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Have you tried our LaunchPage section, currently free for Plus clients in the Store?

Posted · Report post

Hi, please ignore the above question, I found a way around using firebug and wanted to just add a black background color to this particular section -- how do I translate this in custom CSS?

Posted · Report post

Yes, I'm looking just for the homepage. Let me check out LaunchPage as well. Thanks!

Posted · Report post

Hmm.. I realized I don't have access to LaunchPage - any way else I can try this with using LaunchPage? I was hoping to create a site like this http://www.fastcocreate.com/

Posted · Report post

You may need to find a similar solution to LaunchPage (perhaps a plugin or some kind of CSS fix).

Posted · Report post

Noted! Thanks :D

Posted · Report post

Hey Catrina, I just had an idea. Is it possible to put the large image as a background, and move the page content down to accomodate the image? If possible, how can I move the page content down ;p Cheers!