Photo
- - - - -
Resolved

A few general questions

Best Answer Danny , 26 August 2012 - 11:24 AM

Hi,

1. The Feature Slider is a slider which displays one slide at a time containing content from either a post/page. The Carousel can display multiple thumbnails/images at one time which you can then navigate through.

The Feature slider and Carousel have no similarities, apart from they both have the ability to show several pieces of content in a limited amount of space.

2. To use the Quick Slider section, all you need to do is login to your Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop, select the template you wish to have the Quick Slider active and use our drag and drop to add the Quick Slider section to the "Active Sections".

Once you have completed the above, go to Wordpress Admin Dashboard > Pages, create or edit a page, on the right side there is an area called "Page Attributes", in the drop down menu under templates, select the template you added the Quick Slider to and then click "Save Draft".

When the page reloads, scroll down until you see the PageLines Meta Settings, click on the Quick Slider settings and use these options to add images/text to your slides.

3. The best Slider/Carousel to use is the one you feel is right for your sites design. The best course of action would be for you to use each one and see which suits your site best.

4. I apologise but I am not quite sure what you're referring to when you say "QuickMast". Would it be possible for you to reply and provide more information please.

5. The Full Width sidebar can be found by logging into your Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop and is available in Page Templates, Morefoot and Footer.

6. I have provided you with a link to our demonstation website, which has all the shortcodes and examples. http://demo.pagelines.me/tools/ 7. Bootstrap is a Framework created by Twitter and is awesome. We have implemented aspects of Twitter Bootstrap features and functionality into a recent update of PageLines Framework. This includes new sections called Hero, Masthead, Scroll Spy and Fixed Nav/NavBar. Along with Bootstraps grid system. The link I provide above, has more information.

Go to the full post

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 myenterprise

myenterprise

• Members

• 4 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:49 AM

Hi, I'm a new customer and just learning, so if anybody could please provide answers to these questions please, that would be great? What is the difference between feature and carousel? Where is quickslider located and configured? What is best to use out of the above for a slider on homepage? What is quickmast and how do you use it? Ive heard about a full width sidebar where is this located and how do you position/activate it? Documentation on the content box section?

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

has a incomplete follow on link, can you tell me how pageline shortcodes work please? Everybody is talking about Bootstrap can you tell me what that is and what it means please? Thanks.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17945 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 11:24 AM   Best Answer

Hi,

1. The Feature Slider is a slider which displays one slide at a time containing content from either a post/page. The Carousel can display multiple thumbnails/images at one time which you can then navigate through.

The Feature slider and Carousel have no similarities, apart from they both have the ability to show several pieces of content in a limited amount of space.

2. To use the Quick Slider section, all you need to do is login to your Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop, select the template you wish to have the Quick Slider active and use our drag and drop to add the Quick Slider section to the "Active Sections".

Once you have completed the above, go to Wordpress Admin Dashboard > Pages, create or edit a page, on the right side there is an area called "Page Attributes", in the drop down menu under templates, select the template you added the Quick Slider to and then click "Save Draft".

When the page reloads, scroll down until you see the PageLines Meta Settings, click on the Quick Slider settings and use these options to add images/text to your slides.

3. The best Slider/Carousel to use is the one you feel is right for your sites design. The best course of action would be for you to use each one and see which suits your site best.

4. I apologise but I am not quite sure what you're referring to when you say "QuickMast". Would it be possible for you to reply and provide more information please.

5. The Full Width sidebar can be found by logging into your Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop and is available in Page Templates, Morefoot and Footer.

6. I have provided you with a link to our demonstation website, which has all the shortcodes and examples.

7. Bootstrap is a Framework created by Twitter and is awesome. We have implemented aspects of Twitter Bootstrap features and functionality into a recent update of PageLines Framework. This includes new sections called Hero, Masthead, Scroll Spy and Fixed Nav/NavBar. Along with Bootstraps grid system. The link I provide above, has more information.

#3 myenterprise

myenterprise

• Members

• 4 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:49 PM

Thank you very much for your help, when I said "QuickMast", I actually meant "Masthead", what is that please and how do you use it?, can you also provide links or advice on what the "Hero" "Scroll Spy" and "Fixed Nav/NavBar" do and how to implement them please? Thanks again, you have been a great help :)

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17945 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:58 PM

Hi, If you visit this our sections demo page it has all the information on the core sections.

#5 myenterprise

myenterprise

• Members

• 4 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:28 PM

Great just what I was looking for, thanks so much :)

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:50 PM

Since your questions appear to be resolved, I've accepted Danny's reply for moderation purposes.

#7 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17945 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:17 AM

The topic was marked as resolved.