3 Boxes plus Sidebar

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kellycrisp

kellycrisp

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:44 PM

Hi there, I would like to add a sidebar to my home page (Box Page - 3 boxes) as well as my other Box Style Pages . I have been able to add a sidebar to a Post Page. I may be running the older version of Pagelines Platform Pro because there is a note at the top of the docs page that says "legacy docs" and click here for the new Pagelines Framework docs. Does the new version have the option of placing a sidebar to the right of 3 boxes? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Kelly

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 4979 posts
  • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:28 PM

Hi Kelly If you want to add a side bar to those pages using platform pro you'd need to add a sidebar to the site globally using the dropdown menu, and then hide it on the pages where it wasn't required. The new Pagelines Framework will allow you to do this on a per page basis, why not take a test drive of the framework to try it out at http://demo.pagelines.me/

#3 kellycrisp

kellycrisp

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:00 AM

Thank Jamie - but when I go to the global settings using the drop down menu and drag and drop the universal sidebar into the template section I still don't get the sidebar properly aligned underneath the feature slider. It appears below the 3 boxes. Does the new framework adjust the width of the 3 boxes to accommodate the sidebar so that it reads: box box box sidebar? Thank you so much for responding - I've been trying to work this out for a long time. Kelly

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:09 AM

Kelli, shoot us a screen shot of the template setup in the PlatformPro Drag & Drop area. I'd like to see the order in which the elements are placed. Boxes in PlatformPro are by default, full width. Yes, PageLines' Framework does allow boxes with a sidebar. PlatformPro doesn't. That said, there's a workaround for PlatformPro. A plugin called Boxer (free at WordPress.org) which allows you to use something called Content Blocks (same as boxes) placed via shortcode into the content area of a page. That lets you have a sidebar. Since we're moving further and further towards improvements of Framework (and consequently further away from PlatformPro), it might be well worth taking the plunge and trying the new product in the demo as Jamie suggested.

#5 kellycrisp

kellycrisp

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:57 PM

Thanks rangelone. I am taking the plunge. Well worth the money. I appreciate your help. Kelly

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

The topic was marked as resolved.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resolved