Photo
- - - - -

EcoPro Feature: hyperlinks format; center page contents; adding getsatisfaction.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 fedster

fedster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 04:22 AM

Bought EcoPro and love it. Still, have a few questions... sorry for the long title but I have three small questions and it seems silly to start three threads. I checked out past posts but missed this info - apologies if the info was in fact there.

the three questions are:

1) I've added a link to some text in one of the ecopro feature (ftext) pages but can't seem to make it look like a traditional link (underlined, change color when mouse over). What do I have to tweak to allow that effect?

2) I've eliminate the side bar in my main static page - the one that uses the features. The page content is still aligned as if a side bar was in place. How do I center it, and ideally stretch it to occupy more horizontal space, ideally being aligned with the limits of the fboxes?

3) I've added the getSatisfaction widget to the left side of my page using the following code

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

all is well, but sadly the widget sits right on top of the main blue (in my case) feature strip. Do you if there's an easy way to position it lower in the page?

thank you for your help!

f

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 02:41 PM

Could you provide a link to your site? It would be easier for me to offer you a solution if I can see it.

#3 fedster

fedster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 04:17 PM

sure - here it is

thank you! f

#4 fedster

fedster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:15 AM

Oh, since we're at it, one more thing: I do agree with many that seem to be puzzled with the "Stay in Touch" column and would like to change its content.

I tried the drop widgets in place but then recreating all the other columns seems to be an issue - at least for me: the logo is especially a pain as it seems to be aligned right and ignore any html tag such as border or align I can toss at it.

I also tried the stuff you were discussing

but can't seem to go through the whole process. I have modified both footer.php and config_sidebars.php but then have no idea how to "create another menu location" (I'm using EcoPro as stated before).

BTW, your stuff is awesome - I think the footer is 90% there but that 10% seems to be a pretty common complaint so maybe a tweak wouldn't hurt? Either being able to keep some of the current widgets and just drop a new one in, or be able to manually modify the contents of one of the columns would be sweet - I think "you can just turn it off" is not a great option.

thanks again!

f

#5 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 03:16 AM

1. You could try adding this to your Custom CSS:

`
.content .fbox .fboxtext a{color:#777}

.content .fbox .fboxtext a:hover{
color:#777;
text-decoration:underline}
`
changing 777 to whatever color code you wanted.

Looks like you've already fixed 2 and 3?

Also, the newest issue you posted, still having troubles with that?

Thanks, Bryan

#6 fedster

fedster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 03:45 PM

Awesome - will try that. I did fix 2 in a somewhat hacked way - but that'll probably do, and 3 is probably ok too. The latest issue is still open and I'd love to figure out how to close it - any help would be immensely appreciated. Thank you Bryan! f

#7 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 04:54 PM

Hey Frederico, Are you using WP3.0 . The thread you mentions about "Menu Location" applies to WP3.0 The Stay In Touch section is a menu location changed via the "menus" tab in WP3.0 admin. If you don't want to mess replacing all the widgets. You could go into footer.php and add the links you want manually. Not ideal, but if you can't upgrade and want it to look as is without reaplacing with widgets this is the best solution

#8 fedster

fedster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 06:57 PM

I'm using WP 3.0 - in fact just updated to 3.01. I can see the menus tab - I'll try to mess with it and/or tweak the code directly. Will keep you posted. thx f

#9 fedster

fedster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 07:13 PM

sweet - the menus option worked great. Thank you for your help - case closed.

#10 fedster

fedster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 10:43 PM

Bryan

I tried the this out (with a different color)

.content .fbox .fboxtext a{color:#777}
.content .fbox .fboxtext a:hover{
color:#777;
text-decoration:underline}

but it doesn't seem to have any effect. I've added custom CSS to my site already and that worked, so I'm not sure what's up - any help would be greatly appreciated, as usual. BTW, the code I'm using for the line I'm trying to get to stand out is

so I would assume your code would work... but then again, I'm not an expert.

Another funny thing that is happening (without any custom CSS code): I get this really funny effect - a dotted white line - under any image or text that has a link associated with it. This is repeatable, and happens only in some specific conditions:

- if I just use a standard link on text, i.e. for code like this

I get the dotted line (see this

),

- if I just use a standard link on an image, i.e. for code like this

I get the dotted line (see this

),

- if I use an image but no link all is well

- if I use a link on this

all is well.

would love to know what's up - I assume it's simple (for you guys).

thank you!

f

- if I use - but this doesn't seem to happen if the test has a header associated with it. I may place in the feature text box and sometimes under the text (see images here for the code above and here for a standard tag). What's up with that?

#11 fedster

fedster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 04:26 PM

Bryan

I tried to custom code you suggested and got no effect whatsoever. Any thoughts on what may be going on? Here's the code that I currently have for that feature text:

Note: I also tried the code you gave me without the h3 tag on the last link but that had no effect either.

Also, as I was playing with this I noticed that anything (text and/or images) that has a link associated with it in this feature text box will end up having this weird dotted underline effect (see

and

for two examples). The only instance of a link without that effect is the code I pasted above. What's up with that?

thank you!

f