Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EcoPro: Adding links to the More section in the footer

Question

Posted · Report post

I was able to add more links to the Stay in Touch section of my footer: www.putumayotours.com. I have removed the welcome message and want to replace it with About, Contact, Terms & Conditions and other links. How can I do that? Thanks!

7 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

If you want to do it without disturbing the other content in the footer, then you'll have to edit the template files and create another menu location. I'd first edit the footer.php so that the code where "more" is, has the same code as the section above it but with a diff name: `<?php wp_nav_menu( array( 'container_class' => '', 'container' => null, 'menu_class' => 'footer_nav','theme_location' => 'footer_more' ) ); ?>` Then in config_sidebars.php add this: `'footer_more' => __( 'Footer More Links', TDOMAIN ),` to the pagelines_register_menus function

Posted · Report post

Adam: I'm using EcoPro 1.1.4. I doesn't appear to be the same coding. Can you advice me on that? Thanks!

Posted · Report post

You should be able to upgrade to the newest version of EcoPro via your LaunchPad account. Thanks, Bryan

Posted · Report post

I really prefer not to upgrade since the new version has some issues with the footer and also adds a home page which i don't need

Posted · Report post

Okay, you'll need to hold tight then, maybe the developers can look back into the old code to apply the solution. Go ahead and bump this topic for them to see, the later you bump it the better... they'll be back in the morning. Thanks, Bryan

Posted · Report post

Bryan: I was able to make it work the way I want it. I see that there is some CSS that I need to change to be able to add an underline at rollover. Do you know what he CSS custom code might be? I would like all footer links to have underlines at rollover www.putumayotours.com Thanks! Daniel

Posted · Report post

If you are looking to underline your links. Generally speaking the CSS will look like this: `a:hover {text-decoration:underline;}` but in order for this to effect all links you may have to find every instance of the a:hover where selectors precede it.