Photo

EcoPro: Adding links to the More section in the footer

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 danielputumayotourscom

danielputumayotourscom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 03:31 AM

I was able to add more links to the Stay in Touch section of my footer: www.putumayotours.com. I have removed the welcome message and want to replace it with About, Contact, Terms & Conditions and other links. How can I do that? Thanks!

#2 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 02:38 PM

If you want to do it without disturbing the other content in the footer, then you'll have to edit the template files and create another menu location. I'd first edit the footer.php so that the code where "more" is, has the same code as the section above it but with a diff name: ` '', 'container' => null, 'menu_class' => 'footer_nav','theme_location' => 'footer_more' ) ); ?>` Then in config_sidebars.php add this: `'footer_more' => __( 'Footer More Links', TDOMAIN ),` to the pagelines_register_menus function

#3 danielputumayotourscom

danielputumayotourscom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 04:14 PM

Adam: I'm using EcoPro 1.1.4. I doesn't appear to be the same coding. Can you advice me on that? Thanks!

#4 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 03:37 AM

You should be able to upgrade to the newest version of EcoPro via your LaunchPad account. Thanks, Bryan

#5 danielputumayotourscom

danielputumayotourscom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 03:41 AM

I really prefer not to upgrade since the new version has some issues with the footer and also adds a home page which i don't need

#6 bryan-hadaway

bryan-hadaway

Advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3697 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 03:43 AM

Okay, you'll need to hold tight then, maybe the developers can look back into the old code to apply the solution. Go ahead and bump this topic for them to see, the later you bump it the better... they'll be back in the morning. Thanks, Bryan

#7 danielputumayotourscom

danielputumayotourscom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 04:09 AM

Bryan: I was able to make it work the way I want it. I see that there is some CSS that I need to change to be able to add an underline at rollover. Do you know what he CSS custom code might be? I would like all footer links to have underlines at rollover www.putumayotours.com Thanks! Daniel

#8 cmunns

cmunns

Advocate

• Members

• 6537 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 03:19 PM

If you are looking to underline your links. Generally speaking the CSS will look like this: `a:hover {text-decoration:underline;}` but in order for this to effect all links you may have to find every instance of the a:hover where selectors precede it.