Photo
- - - - -

Before you post the bbPRess request for Buddypress

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 federalist1

federalist1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:23 PM

A great value add would be an upgrade that would include: 1. Mod to the theme to include full Wordpress MU and Buddy Press integration. 2. The planned bbPress matching WPMU and Buddy Press work great together as long as the theme will let them work.

#2 arpowers

arpowers

Founder

• Administrators
  • 3271 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:52 PM

What is the point of Buddy Press? Could be interesting if they help professionals, but I've always seen them as something for social networking (BuddyPress), or sites with multiple themes (WPMU)

#3 federalist1

federalist1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:40 PM

From researching solutions I've found many with the idea I share; that WPMU will extend the function of their basic Wp setup as a better CMS for a member and social based site VS straight blog. Most of these people only want a handful of bloggers but all using the same theme. The social layer adds more customization layers. Used as a CMS enhancement it is a tool for professional groups. WPMU has a better expandability and fully supports friendly URLS and subdomains.

#4 federalist1

federalist1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:41 PM

I have one more thing I forgot to mention and that is that bbPress in the current version and all future versions are built into BuddyPress. Only older versions of bbPress are available to install as a stand alone.

#5 unitedskeeball

unitedskeeball

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 04:44 AM

I am looking into using Buddypress from my site www.unitedskeeball.com I would love if Station Pro had a theme for it!