Photo
- - - - -
Resolved

Changing font characteristics in page options?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 julianmj

julianmj

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:00 AM

How do I adjust the text size and colour for standard page options? For example.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

At the bottom of the page for my site is a hero. The text is too big, greyed out and the text in the button is greyed too making it difficult to read. I've looked at the

installed the plugin etc. and looked at the customise CSS material but it does not tell me how to change the code for the hero. Any thoughts?

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17966 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:13 AM

Hi Julian,

Add the following code, you will need to change the font-size value to your desired size.

#3 julianmj

julianmj

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:22 AM

Danny - this is a great start, but where do I add the code?

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17966 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:48 AM

Hi, Login to your Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code > Custom CSS / LESS area.

#5 julianmj

julianmj

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:37 PM

Danny this works fine for the font size ... but try as I might I cannot get the text to stop being grey. i.e. I want it it solid black. I've tried this ... .pl-hero-wrap .pl-hero h1 { font-size: 37px !important; } .pl-hero-wrap .pl-hero p { font-size: 18px !important; } .pl-hero-wrap .pl-hero h1 { font-weight:bold !important; } .pl-hero-wrap .pl-hero p { font-weight:bold !important; }

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17966 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:43 PM

Hey,

You don't need to add the code multiple times, you can merge them together. Also, I have added a color value for you too, simply change the value to the color you like. You can also use hex color codes.

#7 elby1781

elby1781

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:25 PM

Danny - I had the same question and thanks for the answer. One follow-on question for you though - I initially pasted this in the customize plugin CSS Style sheet to no avail. I then instead pasted it into the CSS / LESS area in Site Options - and it did work at that point. What is the difference between adding into the two different places? Many thanks.

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17966 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:48 AM

Hi,

I have just tried this code in the PageLines Customisation plugin and the CSS loaded without any issue. So I am not sure as to why it didn't work for, did you have the plugin active ?

Also, in future would it be possible to create a new topic please, this is for search indexing reasons.

#9 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17966 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:48 AM

The topic was marked as resolved.