Photo
- - - - -

About Reader and TwinShot

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 saltydisciple

saltydisciple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:34 AM

Hi,

So I have two questions: 1. I jus bought Reader and it works fine, but I would like to have direct links to each tab, also is there any way to change the Defaul tab to say Tab 1 for example? On my page the Reader can be found from http://www.luominen.fi/aiheet/vastauksia/

2. I am thinking of buying also TwinShot, but first I would like to know if I can put several players on the same page under different tabs, like in Reader app, but maybe in a horizontal layout. Also can I prevent the player from opening related videos from YouTube after playing a video?

Thanks in advance for the reply!

-Salt

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:32 PM

1. The main function of Reader is to have tabs that lead to content within that section so if you need the tabs to lead to other pages instead of the content in the section, I think it's best to use an alternative solution that will allow you to recreate the look of Reader and use direct links. Or are you trying to find a way for the titles in the tabs to link to other pages? 2. TwinShot section cannot be placed within the Reader app. There isn't a way to prevent the play from opening related videos from YouTube after playing a video because that's a default function of the YouTube video itself and I don't think YouTube provides a way for you to prevent the "related videos" screen from showing up (at least, not anymore - I think it used to, but it was a function in the video embed code settings).

#3 saltydisciple

saltydisciple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:36 AM

Hi Catrina!

Thank you for the answers! What I meant with question 1 was that at present when you go the page where the Reader app is situated you are greeted with the Reader apps default page (which you can of course modify to say what you want) but that page is not a tab in itself and can be seen only when arriving to the page or when reloading the page. I would like the arrival page to be the first tab and not the "non-tab" page. Is this possible to do within the Reader?

In the answer nbr. 2 you said that YouTube does not allow for the "related videos" to be switched off. This is still working in my current setup though, so apparently YouTube is still providing this opportunity. You can see how this works at the moment on my media page

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

. As you said this functionality is within the embed code so for example here is an embed code that you can get from any YouTube video by pressing the "embed" button and if you open the settings page from the embed-section in the YouTube page, there you see a radio button to turn on related videos, so it it off by default in the embed-section (in Finland at least).

The ?rel=0 dissallows the related videos at the end of the video. Are you going to add this functionality to you TwinShot gallery? Because if you are not, then I'm afraid that at least I am not able to use your otherwise terrific gallery app.

Thanks,
-salt

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15831 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:49 AM

Hi Salt, 1. I apologise but I am not quite sure what you're after. I am going to take a guess, are you after going going to a specific tab when you click on a certain link ? Is this the functionality you're after ? 2. The issue with related videos/clips has already been brought to the attention of our developers.

#5 saltydisciple

saltydisciple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:18 AM

Hi Danny!

Sort of yes. Actually you referred to a feature that I wished there was, but did not even ask about yet. I think what you suggested and what I tried to say are linked in a way that if I can achieve what you suggest, I could do what I tried to say :DD (Does that make any sense?)

My problem was that when one goes to the page where the Reader is situated, in my case

, the person viewing the page does not see by default the first tab of the 10 or so tabs there, but the greeting page. It seems this greeting page cannot be "turned off" from the Reader's settings page so that when arriving to the page one would see the first tab's content.

I apologise if I make my self veeery difficult to understand! I hope you can now see what I am after!

-salt

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:53 PM

I think I understand what you're after. So the feature you'd ideally like to have is to choose which tab is seen first when the page loads?

#7 saltydisciple

saltydisciple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:16 AM

Hi Catrina! Yes, that is what I am after! Two things actually, to be able to do what you suggested and also to be able to send people directly to a specific tab using permalinks from a different page. -salt

#8 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:28 PM

These two features are additions to Reader that would need to be requested. If you want, I'll forward these to developers and see what they say.

#9 saltydisciple

saltydisciple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:26 AM

Thanks Catrina! That would be great! -salt