Photo
- - - - -

Reducing top margin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 wren

wren

Advanced Member

• Members

• 67 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:04 AM

Hi, I think I'm too new to understand what I'm doing wrong. I've entered a number of Custom Code CSS strings in my Pagelines Global Settings which all worked as expected. But I'm having no luck with trying to reduce the top margin on all my pages. I looked it up in the wiki and it seems straightforward. Advises to simply enter: body {padding-top: 3px;} but nothing happens. What now?

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16247 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:48 AM

Hi,

If I understand you correctly, you wish to have no space at the top of your site, where you have the feature slider? If this is correct, then add the following code to your custom CSS.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 wren

wren

Advanced Member

• Members

• 67 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:53 AM

hooray! that was the magic bullet ;) Would this string also work on my banners on other pages if I change #features to #banners?

#4 wren

wren

Advanced Member

• Members

• 67 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:59 AM

On giving it another look, it's the custom logo which I have uploaded on my Global-Website Settings in which I'd like to reduce the top margin.

#5 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16247 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:16 PM

Hello,

Yeah basically all sections have padding, so if you would like to reduce this padding. All you need to do is use the code I added above, as a guideline and replace the #features with the sections name you wish to reduce the padding on.

For example:

Keep in mind we can't design your site for you so if you need CSS help, make sure you've downloaded

and check out

for more info. Also please be sure to watch our Firebug video tutorial

#6 wren

wren

Advanced Member

• Members

• 67 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:17 PM

Thank you for all those section tags! Very helpful. Would the custom logo section be delineated as??“??“#custom logo or #box? I'm referring to the Custom Header Image which gets uploaded under Website Settings in the Pagelines Site Options/Global Settings. Thanks for your help : )

#7 mackenzie

mackenzie

Advocate

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:35 PM

Do you mean the #branding which is the entire section or actual image which lays within #branding which is mainlogo-link?

#8 wren

wren

Advanced Member

• Members

• 67 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:08 AM

aha! I suspect it might be the branding section which is giving me a big wide top margin. My uploaded image doesn't have a margin, the image bleeds off. I'll try #branding. Thanks!

#9 wren

wren

Advanced Member

• Members

• 67 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:12 AM

It works! :) :) :)