Photo
- - - - -

Adding Carousel to the site makes the background image disappear...

Best Answer Danny , 24 August 2012 - 10:46 AM

Hi Dave, Are you using the option SuperSize background ? Also, this is happening because you do not have your Carousel setup correctly and therefore, it is causing this error. 2Uncaught Error: jCarousel: No width/height set for items. This will cause an infinite loop. Aborting... So all you need to do is setup the Carousel correctly, I think your issue may be cause by not setting any of the options. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 davemoppert

davemoppert

• Members

• 146 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:52 AM

This has happened on another website of mine before... but when I drag the carousel into the footer, the the background image disappears... what gives? You can see the site here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:34 PM

If you dragged the carousel into another template area (other than the footer), does problem persist?

#3 davemoppert

davemoppert

• Members

• 146 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:01 PM

Yeah. Ive dragged it into the content area, the more foot area and the footer area all with the same result... :(

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:18 PM

Strange. Can you try deactivating your other active plugins to see if the problem persists?

#5 davemoppert

davemoppert

• Members

• 146 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:39 PM

Already tried that :/

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:10 PM

Are you using the latest version of PageLines Framework?

#7 davemoppert

davemoppert

• Members

• 146 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:15 PM

Yes.

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15702 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:46 AM   Best Answer

Hi Dave, Are you using the option SuperSize background ? Also, this is happening because you do not have your Carousel setup correctly and therefore, it is causing this error. 2Uncaught Error: jCarousel: No width/height set for items. This will cause an infinite loop. Aborting... So all you need to do is setup the Carousel correctly, I think your issue may be cause by not setting any of the options.

#9 davemoppert

davemoppert

• Members

• 146 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:06 PM

Looks like that was the culprit! Thanks for the help! I just reset the default settings for the carousel and BAM - works like a charm. :)

#10 jfusek2

jfusek2

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:40 AM

I just uncovered the same problem. When I put the carousel in the content area, the main part of the carousel is in place but then it extends this black/grey bar (the same height as the carousel) to the background of the site. I had the problem of the background image disappearing but then took it out of the super size feature. The background image is fine but the black/gray bar is still there. I reset the meta for the carousel to default - actually removed it and reset it - same issue.