Photo
- - - - -

Adding Carousel to the site makes the background image disappear...

Best Answer Danny , 24 August 2012 - 10:46 AM

Hi Dave, Are you using the option SuperSize background ? Also, this is happening because you do not have your Carousel setup correctly and therefore, it is causing this error. 2Uncaught Error: jCarousel: No width/height set for items. This will cause an infinite loop. Aborting... So all you need to do is setup the Carousel correctly, I think your issue may be cause by not setting any of the options. Go to the full post

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 davemoppert

davemoppert

• Members

• 149 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:52 AM

This has happened on another website of mine before... but when I drag the carousel into the footer, the the background image disappears... what gives? You can see the site here:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:34 PM

If you dragged the carousel into another template area (other than the footer), does problem persist?

#3 davemoppert

davemoppert

• Members

• 149 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:01 PM

Yeah. Ive dragged it into the content area, the more foot area and the footer area all with the same result... :(

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:18 PM

Strange. Can you try deactivating your other active plugins to see if the problem persists?

#5 davemoppert

davemoppert

• Members

• 149 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:39 PM

Already tried that :/

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:10 PM

Are you using the latest version of PageLines Framework?

#7 davemoppert

davemoppert

• Members

• 149 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:15 PM

Yes.

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17636 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:46 AM   Best Answer

Hi Dave, Are you using the option SuperSize background ? Also, this is happening because you do not have your Carousel setup correctly and therefore, it is causing this error. 2Uncaught Error: jCarousel: No width/height set for items. This will cause an infinite loop. Aborting... So all you need to do is setup the Carousel correctly, I think your issue may be cause by not setting any of the options.

#9 davemoppert

davemoppert

• Members

• 149 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:06 PM

Looks like that was the culprit! Thanks for the help! I just reset the default settings for the carousel and BAM - works like a charm. :)

#10 jfusek2

jfusek2

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:40 AM

I just uncovered the same problem. When I put the carousel in the content area, the main part of the carousel is in place but then it extends this black/grey bar (the same height as the carousel) to the background of the site. I had the problem of the background image disappearing but then took it out of the super size feature. The background image is fine but the black/gray bar is still there. I reset the meta for the carousel to default - actually removed it and reset it - same issue.