Photo

cforms, select boxes, and unwanted breaks

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 bartoncollege

bartoncollege

• Members

• 6 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:41 PM

I have disabled cforms styling as Andrew suggested in other cforms-related posts, but the select box is still wrapping the "required" text, and an HTML break is being added after the label. I noticed that span tags that wrap "required" are themselves inside paragraph tags. This is not the case with other fields. I don't know if Pagelines is adding the break and the paragraph or if it's cforms. Can someone please help me? Thanks.

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:48 PM

I looked at your code and it is cForms generating those span tags. There is no way to actually get rid of them, unless you go into the cForms code and mess around with it. (This is usually not recommended, but if you're only going to take out tags, I don't think there should be a problem)

#3 bartoncollege

bartoncollege

• Members

• 6 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:56 PM

Well, I want to get rid of the extraneous break after the label and eliminate the paragraph tags. I want to keep the span. I guess I could try styling that specific paragraph, but I don't know what to do with the break. Since it sounds like its a cforms issue, I should probably contact Oliver at deliciousdays. Any additional ideas? And, thanks for your quick response and your help.

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:00 PM

Sorry, I meant the paragraph tags (not the span tags). You should probably contact Oliver (perhaps he gets the same question from time to time).

#5 bartoncollege

bartoncollege

• Members

• 6 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:53 PM

I contact Oliver at deliciousdays.com about the issue with cforms. Here's his reply:

Those BR or even P tags are being inserted by a WP filter, typically triggered by your custom WP theme after cforms has inserted the form content.
I'll release an updated version soon that will put cforms hopefully at the end of the line to avoid those extra tags in the html.

Hopefully, his fix will be out soon.