Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Resolved When will documentation wiki be updated?

Question

Posted · Report post

I just spent an hour or so looking for the "Intro Unit" section in my Pagelines install, as described in the documentation wiki at http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/How_to_Use_Intro_Unit. I finally figured out that within Pagelines it is called the "Hero Unit" instead. The documentation wiki does not contain that term. Pagelines 2.2 was released two months ago today. The documentation wiki is inaccurate and incomplete. You are charging premium fees for a premium product. I expect that to include premium documentation as well. My 30-day trial is coming to an end soon. Please give me a timeline on when the documentation will be updated so I can decide whether I should request a refund or not.

26 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Hi Everlearners, I am quite sorry you feel that way and agree that our documentation is lacking. I won't attempt to make excuses, but explain that our documentation is a fluid document and not a static one. Products are released often with insufficient documentation and there's simply no excuse for it. I cannot give you a defined date and neither could Danny, as this request has to go to higher authority than either of us. It's not that we're avoiding it, but as a rapidly growing company, some things go amiss. We humbly apologize. Nonetheless, we do try to answer direct questions about any of our products here, in Live Chat (for Plus members) and via other means whenever someone asks. I must say, it's rare that people even read the documentation or take the time to peruse it and perhaps that influenced the lack of effort. We'll certainly address it as fast as possible. Currently I'm dashing off a note to our developers on this and deeply appreciate your patience.