Formatting pages in Wordpress-Columns?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 1213online

1213online

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:31 PM

I'm trying to format a page like the following link I have built in Photoshop. I can't get the formatting right for the text in Wordpress using Platform Pro. Any suggestions or plugins that may help? I've tried using Tiny MCE, but can't get it to work. It looks right in the editor, but when I view the page, it's always off. http://1213online.or...rents_Page1.png Thanks, Rob

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:43 PM

If you're trying to add columns to a regular page, you can use HTML in the HTML editor. For a basic example:

<div id="columns">
	<div class="column1">LEFT CONTENT</div>
	<div class="column2">RIGHT CONTENT</div>
	</div>

The CSS you'll need to add to Custom Code > Custom CSS in your PlatformPro settings:

div.column1 {float: left;}
	div.column2 {float: right;}

For further reference in HTML and CSS, please see: http://www.w3schools.com/

#3 1213online

1213online

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:11 PM

I am completely confused with this. I fully admit I have very little working knowledge of CSS and HTML. I'm eager to learn more, but am not a web designer. I am tasked with making these changes to my company's website. When I plug this code in, it doesn't create 2 columns. All it does it create one line over the other. I'm also concerned about the browser compatibilities based on things I read on w3schools. Do you or Pagelines offer the service of custom building this code for me for a fee that I can insert into my page so I'm sure it works properly? This would also help me to learn what was done by viewing the code. I appreciate your patience Catrina!

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:49 PM

Apologies for my own confusion but is this question about formatting the text or creating columns? Catrina's code should work, but nonetheless, there are ways to do this. We can certainly help you with the formatting of the text, too.

#5 1213online

1213online

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:24 PM

What do you know, I seemed to have figured this out. :) Thanks so much for your patience and assistance!!