• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 idea15

idea15

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:13 AM

Somewhat maddening problem here. If you look at the bottom of this page http://clydesideacti.../other-benefits I have a MoreFoot row with three sidebars. MoreFootLeft and MoreFootMiddle both contain only one widget, a custom menu. The left hand custom menu (Information about asbestos-related compensation and benefits) is showing extra white space above and below the menu menu in IE9 only. The middle custom menu (What is...) - with the exact same code - is not. Trying to set the MoreFootLeft widget, or the menu contained within it, to have a specific height actually makes the error twice the size it already is.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15084 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:59 AM

Hi, I have viewed your site and you have some bad HTML somewhere. When I view your Morefoot area in Google Chrome's web dev inspection tool, you have this everywhere between everything. Therefore, you have an HTML error somewhere, this is most likely causing the issue. I recommend you view all your posts, pages and anywhere else you have added custom HTML and check your code for a missing or tag somewhere.

#3 idea15

idea15

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:19 PM

Hi Danny, I think I've got the mystery solved. The client had not put an Except into their most recent news story, which appears in the right-hand primary sidebar. The widget was therefore pulling code straight from the post, which included a linked image. While the image wasn't appearing, it was still pulling the start of a

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15084 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:54 PM

hehe :D Happy to hear the issue has been resolved.