How put feature sections on sidebars?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cdilan

cdilan

• Members

• 5 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:53 AM

I saw in developer video tutorials how I can customize sections. Well, I just want put the feature section inside the sidebars, and I made it adding 'sidebar1, sidebar2' on the line Workship, into the section.php. Something like that: "Workswith: templates, main, header, morefoot, sidebar1, sidebar2" line on: wp-content/themes/pagelines/sections/features/section.php. I see the features in the drop & down tool, I see the features tabs in page where I using a two sider bar center layout, but when I go to my site, the sidebars are not there. What did I do wrong?

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 12929 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:15 AM

Hi,

Well you haven't really done anything wrong as the Features slider section is not supposed to be available in the sidebar(s).

However, I have just this moment added the "sidebar1, sidebar2, sidebar_wrap" to Workswith so it looks like this:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Then all I did was drag and drop the Features section into the Primary Sidebar, then went to Pages, created a page using default template (which doesn't use the Features section) and set the options.

When I refresh my page, the slider was there. However, please bear in mind that there is most certainly a very good reason as to why the Features section was not added to work with Sidebars. Therefore, we can not provide support for this customisation.

If you wish to have this functionality, you will have to contact one of our Pros.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#3 cdilan

cdilan

• Members

• 5 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:25 PM

I saw by myself my mistake and even I??m embarrassed to say what was.... kkkk. I just had got out the content section of the page template area, and off course is inside the content section where are the sidebars. Thanks Anyway.

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:50 PM

Will you be contacting a Pro for assistance?