Ipad and Iphone not displaying correctly

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 finx

finx

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:12 AM

I am having issues with ios and my website. I have Static with pixel width and fixed-width mode selected. I also have disable mobile view selected. What am I doing wrong? Heres a snapshot of ipad peek. It looks the same on my iphone and my ipad. My android displays it correctly though. Any ideas?

Looks like an issue with .page-canvas class but I cant pinpoint how to fix it. Thanks!

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Posted Image

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15194 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:24 AM

Hi, This looks as though it may well be a bug, you can test this issue by simply resizing your browsers window. When you do, all sections on your site remain the same width but the content background resizes responsively. I have reported this to our tracker.

#3 finx

finx

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:36 PM

Yes, the only thing that really resizes is the grid system and the nav bar. Is there any way to make the grid system non responsive? Is there a quick fix in the mean time? If not then I'll have to add a mobile theme and redirect the iphones. I didnt want to redirect the ipad if i didnt have to as the resolution is more like a pc.

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:09 PM

If it's an issue with the .page-canvas selector, the only quick/temporary fix I can think of would be to use CSS to move .page-canvas to the right with the browser specific CSS plugin:

For reference: