#1 Sourena

Sourena

Advocate

• Members

• 563 posts
  • LocationWilliamstown, MA
  • Framework Version:2.4.1

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:01 AM

To set up a website for Arabic language, regardless of the country, one needs to add this line to "wp-config.php":

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Using this setting one can see the site in Arabic without associating it with any specific country.
In Pagelines certain widgetized areas such as "Universal Sidebar" and "Full Width Sidebar" do not show anything in the widgetized areas unless a country code is specified in "wp-config.php". Is there any way to fix this issue?

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15163 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:33 AM

Hi Sourenaa, I am not quite sure what you're referring to, can you explain in greater detail the issue and/or provide screenshots please.

#3 Sourena

Sourena

Advocate

• Members

• 563 posts
  • LocationWilliamstown, MA
  • Framework Version:2.4.1

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:20 AM

Ok. Here is an example: When I configure the site to be in English, Hebrew, or any other language it shows the widgets I have placed in Universal Sidebar but when I set the language to Arabic the widgets do not show up.

Please see the screenshot. In the following image Universal Sidebar is placed above the Primary sidebar. It contains widgets that show up in any other language except Arabic:

Posted Image

When I think about it I see only one difference between Arabic and the other languages: In the configuration file ("wp-config.php") Arabic is set up this way:

But languages such as English or Hebrew are set up this way:

or

As you see in these cases the language code is followed by the name of the country. I am not sure this is related to the problem but this is the only difference I see between Arabic and other languages. I think maybe something in the setup of the Pagelines widgets does not accept such language setting.