• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 impactprojectghana

impactprojectghana

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:16 PM

Hi there! I have been racking my brain trying to move my logo to the top left corner to replace the search bar that is currently there. I would like it to be aligned with the navigation bar. I do not want to keep the search form. One other question, I would like to add a couple social media links to the top right corner (aligned with the navigation bar) but am having trouble figuring out how to do this. The site is www.impactghana.org. Any and all help is appreciated! Thank you. Oh, and I'm not too CSS or web lingo savvy, so if you can, layman terms are best :-)

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:30 PM

1) First, you can remove the search bar in PageLines > Site Options > Header. 2) To move the logo to the top left so that it fits properly, you may need to make it smaller first (using an image program to edit it) and then re-upload it. From there, CSS can be used to reposition it. 3) Have you already tried adding your social media links to Site Options > Header?

#3 impactprojectghana

impactprojectghana

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:43 PM

Catrina, I've gone to Site Options > Header and Footer (the only option) and there is nothing about a search box. I know if I was using NavBar as opposed the the Classic navigation there was an option, but I switched so I could format the menu to my liking using the Simple CSS Lite plugin. Anywhere else I should be looking? Where exactly in the style sheet do I put the code, and futhermore, what is the code to re-position? I've been playing around with it but to no avail. As for the Social Media, I'm coming across the same issue with not having a "Header" section per say. The only Header thing I have control over is under Site Options > Website Setup, where I uploaded the header image. Other than that I go to Site Options > Header and Footer and my options are limited. Thanks for your quick reply!

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:44 PM

Sorry, I was being ignorant of the fact that you have PageLines Lite! I was assuming you have PageLines Framework. In order to take advantage of the additional CSS options/support, you'll need to upgrade. Otherwise, there's a limit to what's possible.

#5 impactprojectghana

impactprojectghana

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:58 PM

Is that the only way to move the logo up? I need to make this site live ASAP and this is really hindering my ability to design it correctly. Can anyone out there help me move the logo up and get rid of the search bar? There's gotta be a way to do this in the stylesheet, right? www.impactghana.org

#6 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 1743 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:36 PM

Hi
You can try this go
Pagelines > Drag And Drop > Template setup
and in "Header"
Drag "Branding" up "Nav Bar"

Posted Image

#7 impactprojectghana

impactprojectghana

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:07 AM

Thanks Batman! You saved the day. Any chance you know how to remove some of the excess padding around the header logo and above the quick slider image? Just trying to tighten everything up a bit.

#8 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 1743 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:52 AM

Hi impactprojectghana
You can try add in
PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code > CSS Rules
 #brandnav .content-pad {padding-bottom: 0em;}