Photo
- - - - -

Quickslider Not Visible But is Loading per Firebug???

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 rubyhaus

rubyhaus

Advanced Member

• Members

• 40 posts
  • Framework Version:Always Current

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:29 AM

My Quickslider is not working on RubyHaus.com, however... it is working visibly on RubyHausDesign.com

I took the Theme on RubyHausDesign installed it on RubyHaus and then made the 2 sites identical.

So when I Firebug RubyHaus.Com I can drill down and see the images inside the
  • tags. If I force the CSS to make Visibility: Visible and display: hide to display: block....

They show up. Obviously that's not good cause then the images are all stacked and not in a scrolling format.

Another pair of eyes appreciated.

I did turn off ALL Plugins. I turned of ALL CSS even... No go. : (

I read the other similar discussions but this one seemed not to soot as it's not an install issue seemingly.

#2 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 2027 posts
    • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina
    • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:05 AM

Hi
    Please look in RubyHausDesign.com
    You have
    Posted Image
    This is different to the other site.
    But I??m not sure why.

#3 rubyhaus

rubyhaus

Advanced Member

• Members

• 40 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:05 AM

Hmmm.. tried doing some in line html hacks. Not the issue. It looks to be JS issue. For whatever reason it isn't kicking in. I even did a fresh install of plugin.

#4 rubyhaus

rubyhaus

Advanced Member

• Members

• 40 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:13 AM

The JS is there but it doesn't seem to load in the dynamic details. As seen on the UL tag just below that line.

#5 rubyhaus

rubyhaus

Advanced Member

• Members

• 40 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:13 AM

Is there away to re-download the plugin in a Zip format? And then do a manual re-install?

#6 rubyhaus

rubyhaus

Advanced Member

• Members

• 40 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:52 AM

Ok so now I have both a Features Slider and a Quickslide on my Home Page. Neither are working. Features shows up physically but... all 10 images are clearing one another. Same goes for Quickslide, physically still shows up in dynamic generated HTML in Firebug, but not displaying physically for all to see.

#7 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
    • 15198 posts
    • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:11 AM

Hi, Have you added any custom code at all ? Can you disable all active plugins and see if this resolves your issue. When you say "I took the Theme on RubyHausDesign installed it on RubyHaus", how did you do this, can you provide the steps you took please.

#8 rubyhaus

rubyhaus

Advanced Member

• Members

• 40 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:23 PM

Thanks Danny, As I mentioned above I did turn off ALL Plugins and ALL custom CSS. But... How I copied the theme is this. ??? In Filezilla I had the THEME visible on the Host Side and My Local Directory on the Left. ??? I pulled down the Theme folder (only customization was Style.css and Functions.php) simple if category show cat title type function was added and worked on the RubyhausDesign site. ??? I pulled down the plugins I was using and the Sections from both the Theme and the one directory in themes called Pagelines to be sure. ??? I then reuploaded all those items to the Host Side Directory. ??? I then reset up all widgets and Pagelines settings to look identical, and any hard links where appropriately changed from RubyhausDesign.com to Rubyhaus.com That's it. No go.

#9 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
    • 5126 posts
    • LocationSurrey - UK

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:52 PM

Hey Ruby house, My initial thought would be that the section is being hidden. Have you gone into the individual page's meta settings and checked the 'Page Setup' tab to make sure the option hasn't been accidentally hidden.