Photo
- - - - -

Diferent attributes for side bar 1 and 2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mictlan

Mictlan

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:28 PM

the ul.sidebar_widgets { } control all the attributes for all side bars. Is there any way I can separate side bar one from side bar 2 on the CSS? What I want is to give the same attributes to side bar 2 with the exception of it size. I need them smaller. at least half of the size.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Sidebar 1 is the Nav of the website and side bar 2 I want it to be the secondary nav. Is there any way I can divide ul.sidebar_widgets {} in ul.sidebar1_widgets { } ul.sidebar2_widgets { }?

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:38 AM

ul.sidebar_widgets { } actually is for an unordered list (UL) in a sidebar widget. I'm really unclear what you want to do. Are you trying to create a wider space between the two sidebars?

#3 Mictlan

Mictlan

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:03 AM

@rangelone Sorry I meant I want to change the style of the text on the sidebar. Thank to your last suggestion I was able to change the style of my links the way I want them. So if the ul.sidebar_widgets is just the unordered list maybe what I want is not to make the style changes on the ul list but in the actual side bar. With fire bug I can see this.
So I should ad those changes I want on the class instead of the UL list and make a second class for sidebar2 that way I can control the style of each sidebar individually correct? this is what it is right now with the style in the ul.sidebar_widgets :

This is what I want to do:

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16247 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:23 AM

Hi,

Use the following CSS to get started customising your two sidebar menus, there is more CSS needed for hovers etc...

Keep in mind we can't design your site for you so if you need CSS help, make sure you've downloaded

and check out

for more info. Also please be sure to watch our Firebug video tutorial

#5 Mictlan

Mictlan

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:58 PM

@Danny If were building the website from scratch I would not have this problem. I am just new to page lines and I still trying to figure out how to find the sections name on the CSS thinking there is an easy way to do it. Thank you for your reply the #nav_menu is what I was looking to modify. Between firebug and and the tutorial is enough for me to find my way in the code. Thank you for again for your time.

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:16 PM

Do you need assistance with anything else?

#7 Mictlan

Mictlan

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:58 AM

Thank you Catrina, Danny was able to help. Now I know that if I need something I just have to write it. I had this idea where there was a define class or id for sidebars where I can go and change but I guess I was wrong.

#8 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16247 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:42 AM

Unfortunately, there is no define class for sidebars. I have accepted my reply above, if you need further assistance, simply reply here.