• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ybcmark

ybcmark

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:52 AM

Hi

I am using the client area plugin WP-Client to create a logged in client area.

Unfortunately, when creating the secure page it is taking the 'post/blog style page, rather than my default page template as the basis for the page.

Following the advice of the plugin creator, i created a single page template copied off page.php for the plugin to use

This contains the code

<?php
	/*
		This theme is Copyright © 2008-2010 Andrew Powers, PageLines.com (andrew AT pagelines DOT com)
	*/

setup_pagelines_template();

But it does not fix the problem.

Is there a simple way to code the template so it forces the use of a page style page rather than a blog style page?

You can see the test page here:

http://www.saffrontech.com/my-hub/
Login: http://www.saffrontech.com/wp-admin/
Your Username is : James Kirk and Password is : saffron2012

Any thoughts welcome!

Regards
James

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15200 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:32 AM

Hi James, I have visited your website and you're using Platform Pro 1.4.0, this is an out of date version, the current version is 1.5.3. I would recommend upgrading to the latest version for security reasons. Also, when you say "when creating the secure page it is taking the 'post/blog style page, rather than my default page template as the basis for the page.". I am not quite sure what you're trying to achieve. Would it be possible to go into greater detail and provide a concept image of what you wish to accomplish please.

#3 ybcmark

ybcmark

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:55 AM

Hi - thanks for the response The hub page that you arrive on after logging in is a 'post' I want it instead to be based on my default page template so I can access the usual page setup features.

#4 ybcmark

ybcmark

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:06 AM

Further clarification from the Plugin info. So i think all i need to do is add a template page that will force use of the default page template? I have weird things showing up on my HUB Pages & Client Pages? >> By default, WP-Client uses the single.php page template from your activated theme. Often, this page template can contain extra components that are undesirable. You should follow the instructions above for using Custom Page Templates with WP-Client. This will permit you to customize the page templates that WP-Client uses. AND Using Custom Page Templates with WP-Client Using FTP, go into your theme's folder, and download page.php to your computer. Then rename to single-hubpage.php and upload into same folder. Now, download another copy of page.php to your computer. Then rename that copy to single-clientspage.php and upload into same folder. In the end, you will have all three in your theme folder.... page.php, plus the two new renamed copies. WP-Client will then start using the new copies as the page templates for all WP-Client components, and those can be customized to fit your needs. * You can use any page template in your theme to copy. It doesn't have to be page.php, but that typically is the page template with the fewest added components ( next & previous post links, social media, e

#5 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:16 PM

So i think all i need to do is add a template page that will force use of the default page template?

I'm not sure this approach will work, but have you considered using CSS customizations to force only that log-in page to have a style similar to the page template?