Photo
- - - - -

Multiple Callout Sections - Edit in bulk

Best Answer WebIT , 11 October 2012 - 03:08 PM

Callouts and other page selections such as features and banners can be edited in bulk. Just choose Pagelines >> Page Options >> Callouts (or other selection). Enter your settings and add to your specific page template (Drag and Drop >> Template). All your settings, text and input will be displayed on every page with that template. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 WebIT

WebIT

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationCape Cod

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:19 PM

I recently migrated an online store to the framework theme. I used ECWID which uses java for all the products. The problem is I don't want to loose page rank from the old products which were all single posts. My plan is to leave the posts, but since the old paypal code will be removed, I'd like to do a call to action to give customers a quick way to get to the store. Can this be done in bulk for all blog posts or do I need to tackle the actual meta settings on an individual basis?

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:48 PM

You will need to tackle the meta settings on an individual basis so there's no "blanket" option for it.

#3 WebIT

WebIT

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationCape Cod

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:08 PM   Best Answer

Callouts and other page selections such as features and banners can be edited in bulk. Just choose Pagelines >> Page Options >> Callouts (or other selection). Enter your settings and add to your specific page template (Drag and Drop >> Template). All your settings, text and input will be displayed on every page with that template.
  • mightaswell likes this

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:26 PM

Yes, that is correct.

#5 mightaswell

mightaswell

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon USA

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:27 AM

thanks for this post.. I was trying to figure this out as I didnt want to have to set them page by page... it was nice to be able to apply a global callout set up and the be able to override the meta on specific pages as needed...

What I can't figure out is how to place the call out on all pages (of a particular template) by default (opposite of hide) but toggle it off on a specific page? This would be handy if you have 10 or so pages where you want to global callout but on just one you want it off for whatever reason.

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 13243 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:59 AM

You can display a section on all pages that use a specific template and then hide the same section a on a particular page.

Simply navigate to PageLines > Drag & Drop and add a section to your template. Then use the Site Defaults so that this section is configured by default, now if you wish to hide this section on a specific page, all you need to do is the following:

1. Go to Wordpress > Pages > Select the page you wish to hide a section

2. Once on the page, scroll down to the PageLines Meta Settings.

3. Click on Page Setup, here you can hide a section for this page.