Photo
- - - - -

Pagelines buttons / wordpress buttons not working

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 create

create

Advanced Member

• Members

• 48 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:08 PM

Hi all,

i'm setting up a new website with the Pagelines Framework, but i'm having some issues where some of the features within Pagelines aren't working. By that I mean you click on some of the buttons/options and its not doing anything?

I know this is not a PL issue and its down to the hosing company (123-reg) however, before I contact them I need to understand what is causing the issue. I have recorded a quick screencast which you can

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

that demonstrates what is happening (or not happening).

Grateful of any input as i'm scratching my head here.

thanks

James

#2 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 2217 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:33 PM

Hi create I can not see your video:

#3 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:41 PM

James, your video is marked private and cannot be seen here. Can you resolve that and we'll happily take a look. Thanks.

#4 create

create

Advanced Member

• Members

• 48 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:08 PM

hi guys,

thanks for coming back so quickly. Sorry about the YouTube vid, here's a new link that works :)

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

thanks

James

#5 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 2217 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:50 PM

Hi create You can deactivate all plugin and clean your cache, and see if it resolve your problem.

#6 create

create

Advanced Member

• Members

• 48 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:28 PM

Hi batman, tried that - no joy :S thanks James

#7 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:07 AM

James, I'm unsure what's causing this. The one thing I can point out is that it's got to be a systemic issue and not limited to either PageLines or WordPress. In your excellent video, you demonstrate clearly that the issue affects both PageLines Site Options as well as a the editing of the page (a WordPress function not related to PageLines).

I'm going to ask one of my developers to look into this, but in the meanwhile, please go to Dashboard > Settings > Permalinks and without changing your settings, please see if you can Save the settings. I'm asking this for two reasons. First, the page level change won't work, so I'm wondering if an update will take or also be frozen. Secondly, I'm wondering if the permalinks in your system are corrupted and if that does save, it might... just might... correct the problem.

Let me know how that goes.

#8 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:12 AM

By the way, Batman may not have been far from the mark with his suggestion. Frequently plugins become deprecated and can do all sorts of mischievous things, from minor glitches to crashing sites. His suggestion, though he's not currently part of our team, was a standard effort we make in such issues, to try and eliminate conflicts. If a plugin isn't compatible with the latest version of WordPress, there's a high probability of it creating a conflict and subsequent corruption of code.

#9 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:23 AM

Its a javascript issue you can see the PageLines js spinner thing spinning away... A lot of 3rd party plugins developers do not know how to make the js for their plugin only appear on pages where it is needed, so they simply load it on every admin page, and this is where you get conflicts. Try disabling every wordpress plugin, including wp-properties.

#10 hockpunk426

hockpunk426

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:33 AM

If what Simon suggested doesn't work I would backup your content, remove pagelines and then reinstall it. I had this same exact issue where pagelines was not responding to the changes I was making.

#11 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17930 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:01 PM

Hi James, Did Simon's suggestion work?

#12 create

create

Advanced Member

• Members

• 48 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:54 PM

Hi guys just picking your comments up now. I'm going to try what has been suggested and then come back with my findings. cheers James

#13 create

create

Advanced Member

• Members

• 48 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:02 PM

Rangelone, tried just saving Permalinks and it appeared to function as it should returning a 'Permalinks Structure Updated' message. The problem still persists. Fully appreciate Batman's comments, they can cause all sorts of problems and conflicts having multiple plug-ins on a site - have experienced that before. Just looking at Simon's comments now - i'll post an update shortly. thanks James

#14 create

create

Advanced Member

• Members

• 48 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:24 PM

Simon, you were spot on. I have whittled it down to WP Properties as being the culprit. When deactivated it works fine, when I re-activate it starts the spinning thing as mentioned and I get the behaviours that I highlighted in the screencast. I really *must* use this plug-in for this particular project, where would I start trying to fix the problem? It seems to be JavaScript as you suggested and if it has been written incorrectly - is it a quick fix to get it working properly? Thanks James

#15 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:42 PM

I can't promise that the issue can be resolved (especially since it involves a plugin). I'm also not familiar enough with Javascript to determine what the exact issue is. A developer would need to take an even closer look at it.

#16 create

create

Advanced Member

• Members

• 48 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:27 PM

Ok, managed to find the culprit within wp-property/core/class_core.php

Two lines of java from the wp-property plug-in were conflicting with pagelines java.

The two lines for anyones reference using this plug in were:

wp_register_script('jquery-cookieX', WPP_URL. 'js/jquery.smookie.js', array('jquery'), '1.7.3' );

wp_register_script('jquery-ajaxuploadX', WPP_URL. 'js/fileuploader.js', array('jquery'));

Note the X that has been added to fix the issue.

Seems to work fine now, and thanks to everyone for you're help!

rgds

James