• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#1 omnimark

omnimark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:53 PM

when I mouse over the munu item, the link shows like "www.maansoftech.com/#m1", which direct to nowhere. Please help me in getting the top level link working. When I choose "Nav Classic" or "Brand Nav" then these are not rendering well in responsive mode.

#2 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 2027 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:14 PM

Hi omnimark
A question
In Dashboard > Appearance > Menu
You have defined the link as image
Posted Image

#3 omnimark

omnimark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:07 PM

Don't know what do you want say. BTW I did not defined any link as image.

#4 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 2027 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina
  • Framework Version:DMS

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:22 PM

Hi, You can define de "Navigation Label" as a link For example Navigation Label: DistanciaFocal URL:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

You can see the image above ( not define any link as image) The image is only you can see the screen: Dashboard > Appearance > Menu

#5 omnimark

omnimark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:42 PM

Batman, I think you are not getting my question. The navigation works fine with "Nav Classic", but it does not work well when I select "Navbar" as option from drag N droop. The first link of drop down does not work, rest are we working perfect.

#6 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:39 PM

Okay, let me kick in here with a big question. What exactly is in your menu item for 'Internet Marketing' and 'About Us'? Please go to Dashboard > Appearance > Menus and tell us what is present in the link. I know what the label says. I don't know what the actual link is. If the link is different from what it is supposed to be, correct it there. The drop down works in Firefox perfectly. In version 2.2.5, drop down is not hover-based, but action-based, meaning, you have to click it to see the drop down list.

#7 omnimark

omnimark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:00 PM

Hi Rangelone, Thanks for your response.... I just uploaded the menu page screenshot. Please check the same at

"Intnet Marketing" is a category and "About us" is page. I just select the page and category from their respective section with check boxes. I didn't do any changes in the menu.....

#8 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:50 PM

I believe that you didn't make any changes. Something must be causing this. I have dozens of WordPress installations, each with menus and have never seen that behavior when adding a category or a page. My best guess is that a plugin, likely one dealing with SEO, is causing this. I would recommend disabling all non-PageLines plugins temporarily, then adding a new page and category as a test. To fix the existing ones for the present, I'd recommend using a Custom Link as there's nothing evidently wrong with the menu setup. Since this is a WordPress function, I don't know how else to support it properly or diagnose the cause. That said, I would strongly recommend you inventory all your non-PageLines plugins to see if any are out of date, or not cited as compatible with WordPress 3.4.1. If any plugin page shows other users saying the plugin is not working, that's likely a potential cause. Deactivate and replace any that could cause the problem and replace.

#9 omnimark

omnimark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:36 AM

I already tried all these things. And tried all it once again.... but no luck. Even I tested by deleted all files for all the plugins. The first menu link in drop down does't work in all case.

#10 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15215 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:18 AM

Hi Omnimark, I apologise but I am become lost with all the replies, as to what your issue is. Therefore, can you explain and then I will be able to assist you. Please remember that in our new NavBar section the parent item of a drop down will not be a linkable, as the drop down is activated by click.

#11 marezj

marezj

• Members

• 12 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:53 AM

Did you ever get this resolved? I have the same issue between the BrandNav vs the NavBar. The BrandNav allows for a clickable Parent link and the NavBar requires a click and only drops the menu down and no accessible Parent link. BrandNav here:

NavBar here:

Cheers, Jesus

#12 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15215 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:22 AM

@Jesus, This isn't a bug or an issue, it is simply the way the NavBar has been designed by twitter for their Bootstrap framework. If you require your navigation drop downs to appear on hover instead of click then use the Nav Classic section instead.

#13 laanelson

laanelson

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:26 AM

I have the same question. For me, the problem goes beyond clicking or hovering to see the drop downs. I was expecting the parent to be clickable and go to a specific page. Also, can I put my logo on the NavClassic bar like on the BrandNav? Thanks.

#14 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15215 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:44 AM

Hi Iannelson,

Please do no hijack other user posts and ask two new questions, its bad practice for our forums search index. Please create a new topic.

#15 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15215 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:45 AM

The topic was marked as resolved.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resolved