Consumer Baviour

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ehempler

ehempler

• Members

• 15 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:44 PM

I really wanted to get an idea of how consumers might respond to the following and since I'm not sure were to ask I thought I would start here. My site is a Real Estate site and one of the features is a property search. I have a few different options to do a search at the moment, but will be using just one at some point. One of the search options hides the property address, which forces consumers to register if they want to see the address of the property. Are you more likely to hit the back button? register? or try to search by the ID # associated with the property to find it on another site? I realize I could spend the time testing this, but thought I would get some feedback as well.

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:07 PM

Eric, I look at real estate sites all the time. If the address isn't there, I move on and usually find it in another site where I don't need to register. Don't underestimate the MLS feeds which are available most places. If I like a property, I'll likely find it someplace else. So, my best guess... don't try to hide the address or force registration. To get people registered, have them sign up for a newsletter, give them a free booklet or offer some perk to incentivize them. I've seen RE agents offer free cookbooks they've written. Hey, it works! Others give you basic info, then for details, the customer needs to register, free.