Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Content Presentation Question - PopUp vs Inline

6 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi, i am working on my site and i have to make a decision on how to present information. On the Buyer's page of my site, under "1st time home buyers", i have 2 options to present information 1) Click the button and content appears inline (the button could be made into a text link)(the button colour is default right now and would change if i went with this option) 2) Click the link and a pop up comes up with the content Please note: There will be many buttons/links on each banner, and i want the site to look clean and easy to navigate. Anyone know how i can modify the 1st one to automatically close when a second button is clicked (right now the only way to close the inline content is to click "close"??¦ i would like to be able to automatically close when going to the next button. Which one of the two do you think looks better? why?

Posted · Report post

I like the first option better mostly because pop-up content should be reserved for a type of information that needs extra attention (i.e. a newsletter subscribe form or something similar).

Posted · Report post

Thanks @Catrina for your comment. The other thing i forgot to mention: There will be many such links on each banner, so i am concerned how the page will look if people start clicking on the first type.

Posted · Report post

Have you settled on using banners to present your information? Is there any existing example you can provide that shows what you're trying to achieve?

Posted · Report post

Okay, that general layout shouldn't be too difficult to implement, but for the links, I'm not certain of a way for the 1st to automatically close when the 2nd button is clicked (at least, not an easy solution - there may be a way with code, but that is beyond the scope of my knowledge since I'm not a developer).