3 replies to this topic

#1 dnnyboy

dnnyboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4.4

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:21 PM

I'm struggling a bit with box sets. I've tried to structure some sets hierarchically, but it seems that when I use a set (with child sets) on a box page, it brings all its children ;) E.g. I have a box set called People which contains 3 boxes. Additionally, I have a number of box sets (Doctors, Scientists, Dentists) for which I put People as the parent. When I use the People set on a page, I seem to get the boxes from People but also Doctors, Scientists and Dentists. Is this behavior intentional?

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15163 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:39 PM

Hi, I don't believe it is intentional but at the same time, I don't believe the developers would of thought that someone would create child categories for boxes. Why not just create separate categories for each, is there something you need or want to achieve by using child categories ?

#3 dnnyboy

dnnyboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Framework Version:2.4.4

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:43 PM

Hi Danny, Thanks for the quick response. I can easily do that. The only reason I created the child sets was to keep things neatly organized. Same way that I organize pages hierarchically. For the end-user of course this doesn't matter.

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:33 PM

I never thought child categories would be created for boxes either. I agree with Danny, though. It'll be easier to just create separate categories for each.