Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IE issues with IE and Lite Edition 1.2.3 (Quick Slider)

Question

Posted · Report post

For some provider issues I had to upgrade to version 1.2.3 (lite edition) what caused some serious problems: 1) Quick Slider is not properly working with IE. It is fine with Firefox and Safari! There is supposed to be a light gray behind the text. But with IE it's some kind of red with no transparency. check http://dev.izzyness.ch with IE (no www.). It was working with fine the previous version. www.izzyness.ch 2) When I tried to use Quick Slider on a single pages. (not the general template) I could not leave out the text, even if the field is empty. The systems just uses some text from the general template. Did I do something wrong or are there still bugs in the current version? Thank you.

7 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

1) I know that IE has issues with transparency. but it used to work with the previous version. That confuses me... :-S Sure: Izzyness_trans.jpg 2) Yes I disabled Quick Slider cuz I'm not sure if i even will use it there... Thank you

Posted · Report post

For the first issue with the red background color, is there any red set up in your settings?

Posted · Report post

no, not as far as I know. And somehow it is working with Firefox and Safari. In addition, I did set up a totally new version (Wordpress and Pagelines 1.2.3) - same issues with IE. So I guess other need to have this problems as well.? Thx

Posted · Report post

It's an IE-related issue and I've looked into fixes on Google but haven't found any good solution yet. When it comes to browser-related problems, they're pretty difficult to resolve because they're out of our hands. I'll keep looking into possible ways of getting rid of at least changing that red color.

Posted · Report post

I know, thank you. I was looking on Google as well, but with no success. I was hoping this is a general bug what will be fixed soon. We'll see. Thank you for your help anyway! :-)

Posted · Report post

IE9 is soon to be replaced with IE10 or maybe 11.

Posted · Report post

1) IE is known to have issues with transparency (and it's very annoying). I wish I can view the issue but I don't have IE or access to it. Can you please post a screenshot of the issue? 2) Did you disable Quickslider on your single pages temporarily? (I don't see them on your pages)