Photo

IE issues with IE and Lite Edition 1.2.3 (Quick Slider)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 raffzen

raffzen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:21 PM

For some provider issues I had to upgrade to version 1.2.3 (lite edition) what caused some serious problems: 1) Quick Slider is not properly working with IE. It is fine with Firefox and Safari! There is supposed to be a light gray behind the text. But with IE it's some kind of red with no transparency. check http://dev.izzyness.ch with IE (no www.). It was working with fine the previous version. www.izzyness.ch 2) When I tried to use Quick Slider on a single pages. (not the general template) I could not leave out the text, even if the field is empty. The systems just uses some text from the general template. Did I do something wrong or are there still bugs in the current version? Thank you.

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 August 2012 - 03:52 PM

1) IE is known to have issues with transparency (and it's very annoying). I wish I can view the issue but I don't have IE or access to it. Can you please post a screenshot of the issue? 2) Did you disable Quickslider on your single pages temporarily? (I don't see them on your pages)

#3 raffzen

raffzen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:01 PM

1) I know that IE has issues with transparency. but it used to work with the previous version. That confuses me... :-S
Sure:
Posted Image

2) Yes I disabled Quick Slider cuz I'm not sure if i even will use it there...
Thank you

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:34 PM

For the first issue with the red background color, is there any red set up in your settings?

#5 raffzen

raffzen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:41 PM

no, not as far as I know. And somehow it is working with Firefox and Safari. In addition, I did set up a totally new version (Wordpress and Pagelines 1.2.3) - same issues with IE. So I guess other need to have this problems as well.? Thx

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:00 PM

It's an IE-related issue and I've looked into fixes on Google but haven't found any good solution yet. When it comes to browser-related problems, they're pretty difficult to resolve because they're out of our hands. I'll keep looking into possible ways of getting rid of at least changing that red color.

#7 raffzen

raffzen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:27 PM

I know, thank you. I was looking on Google as well, but with no success. I was hoping this is a general bug what will be fixed soon. We'll see. Thank you for your help anyway! :-)

#8 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:18 PM

IE9 is soon to be replaced with IE10 or maybe 11.