3 replies to this topic

#1 sakkthi subramaniyam

sakkthi subramaniyam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Framework Version:Latest version

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:01 AM

Hi, Is there any option, sections(premium) or hooks to achieve this. I wanna provide options for customizing the background for all the users. So they they can customize their posts and pages background. But now theme supports only to change the background once for all users by admin/ moderator. Thanks, sakkthi

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15120 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:35 AM

Hi Sakkthi, Are you going to be using Multisite ? If so then your users can do this with custom CSS, but they will need to add the code every time they create a post or page. Which would be very time consuming in my opinion. As they would be taking more time in finding the newly created posts unique id and then uploading an image, setting the custom CSS and then finally adding it and make sure it works and looks how it should. This would mean they would most likely, depending on their code knowledge, be spending more time doing custom CSS than actually writing content, which I imagine they would prefer to do.

#3 sakkthi subramaniyam

sakkthi subramaniyam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Framework Version:Latest version

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:23 AM

Hi Danny,

Its not multisite. Its the Multi users site for poets and writers who will add their poems and stories, so they can spice up their contents with cool backgrounds.www.passionwriters.com/passion.

Anyone can register in this site and add their poems and stories.

Thanks,
sakkthi

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15120 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:46 AM

OK, well then you'll need to do what I mentioned in my previous post and add custom CSS for all your users posts content area so they can add a background image or color. However, only the users with the correct role can do this, there is no option "Out of the Box" to do this.