Photo
- - - - -

Site is Blank. Which Settings Need to Be Changed?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 ibeehappy2

ibeehappy2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:26 PM

hi there, love the framework, but still finding my way around. Ooops, site is completely blank. i love minimalism, but not this much. lol cannot find a setting to bring my content back. it's

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

how do i get my content to show online? everything is hidden. also, is there a way to not have a navigation bar showing? i am going for a super clean look with this site, and would prefer to not have your default nav. bar but plain white with text thanks.

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:45 PM

Hi there, it looks like you've either accidentally hidden the sections (via the page meta settings) or that they aren't active in the drag & drop. First thing to do would be to go in to the dashboard>Pagelines>Drag & Drop, select the template for that page and see what tabs are active. If the tabs you were expecting to see (postloop/content) aren't showing in the left hand column, then slide them across to make them active. Refresh your page and see what has changed. Have a look at this link, which will explain further on our drag & drop sections.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

If you require further help, let us know which sections you were trying to display on the play and what sections are currently active etc. You can remove the nav bar by making it inactive in the drag & drop templates.

#3 ibeehappy2

ibeehappy2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:42 PM

thank YOU jamie for your very clear and helpful feedback. I SUPER appreciate it. everyone else is just sending me links to read, which i already did before i posted questions. your feedback is specific, clear, descriptive and helpful. thanks so much! i'll give it a go and close the thread once i've had success. thanks again for being awesome

#4 ibeehappy2

ibeehappy2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:53 PM

Jamie, I am just in the drag and drop right now for the home page, which i have named "Home" and it is the "default" template and "content" is the only thing dragged into the "active" area but it still does not show up online

#5 ibeehappy2

ibeehappy2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:54 PM

the other page is set up as "blog" and i set up the blog page as a blank page, as you usually do when setting up a WordPress site, so that blog page should be showing blog POSTS, but it's blank also

#6 ibeehappy2

ibeehappy2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:55 PM

p.s. the drag and drop for both "blog post" and "blog" have "content as "active" but they are showing blank, the content is not online

#7 James B

James B

Advocate

• Moderators
  • 5126 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:25 AM

Hi IBeehappy, Thank you for your kind comments, let's see if we can get this working for you. Ok so we have content in the active template, that's good, now we need to see what is inside that content. The next thing to check would be again in the drag & drop section, to make sure the postloop is inside the content area. Looking at the 'select template area' in the drag & drop page, click on the 'content area' section inside the layout image on the right hand side. Scroll down to the active sections and see if postloop is active. If it isn't, slide postloop across to the left and then refresh your page to see if anything changes. If it is active and still not showing any content, then there has to be something else blocking it. Have you entered any custom CSS? Or do you have any active plugins which could be causing the content to vanish?