Photo
- - - - -
Resolved

Changing Font Size of Fit-Text Section

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:01 PM

Hi everyone

I am trying to change the styling of the fit-text section in the wrap of the sidebar.

Using Firebug & the Custom CSS section i have added

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

this successfully made changes to the padding and also to the alignment of the text but not the font size.

any know what i am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

#2 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:57 PM

Hi there, the fit text section is designed so that the font size is automatically adjusted to fit the size of the container. Have you tried using a text widget instead? It would be easier to style/adjust the size of the font.

#3 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:00 PM

ok. i can change it though with firebug - the text widget didn't provide the same effect (in the way it looked) but if this is the only way to get what i wanted. I will try styling the text widget instead. thanks anyway

#4 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:06 PM

hold on.. i've just looked and there is no text section in the wrap drag and drop bit. Is there no way i can change the CSS or do you just not know how to do it?

#5 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:23 PM

Hi, with the wrap section you'd have to drop in a content box or a sidebar so you could place in a text widget.

You can try this to effectively override the resizing. Let me know if it works

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#6 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:16 PM

that worked great. thanks - really appreciate your help on this

#7 James B

James B

Advocate

• Members

• 5126 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:13 AM

You're welcome, glad it worked

#8 John Lee (Folium Partners)

John Lee (Folium Partners)

• Members

• 5 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

In reading this thread, I'm wondering if a bit of clarification would help me better understand FitText.

My goal is to have FitText fill the horizontal space without adding any vertical space to the page beyond what is needed for the string to fit on one line. In other words, assume a container that is the page width (930px max), take my text and make it fit (select a font size) that space on one line (unless I've included some br tags).

In every text of more than two words—and though it's unwanted—FitText is breaking the string into multiple lines for me at present. Try using this as a string for your own test: "Big value. Small price."

First question: from reading James’ reply here, I'm not sure that the container height gets figured into how FitText works inside PL. Is that true? From docs around on the web—and from instances of people using the fittext.js script— I'm only seeing single-line uses (as one would expect).

This makes me wonder if the multi-line stuff happening inside PL is a matter of not-quite-right implementation. I say this because changing the height of the fittext-container does nothing but crop my text, not resize it to fit.

Second question: is there any access to what FitText calls the Compressor and the minFontSize / maxFontSize settings? (NOTE: According to their docs on GitHub, they ignore font-size and use those other two instead.)

Thanks.

#9 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:17 AM

Hi John. I think it's probably best if you post this as a new topic.

#10 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17945 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:36 AM

@John,

Can you do as Greenfly suggested and create a new topic please.

#11 greenfly

greenfly

Advocate

• Members

• 3268 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

Hi Admins - can you close this topic? :rolleyes:

#12 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts