Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

site problems

Question

Posted · Report post

Hello I build a web site (www.Maor.info) and i have a problem with the gap between the Header pic and the navigation bar how i can cancel this gap? How can i change the color of the navigation bar fonts and why in the explorer the site doesn't look right Thank's Yoed Agmon Israel

13 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Ok what is the code to cahnge the NavBar background color? and where can i find all the code?

Posted · Report post

Hi Yoed, 1. Add this to your custom CSS and see if this works for you.

#branding { height: 345px; }
Adjust the value 345px If you wish to have a large or smaller gap. 2. Add this to your custom CSS.
.navbar .navline > li > a { color: red; }

Again, change the value to whichever colour you like. 3. I am not quite sure what you're referring to when you say "the explorer". Are you referring to the Browser, Internet Explorer ?

Posted · Report post

Yoed, you find code using Firebug or Chrome Inspection Tools.

Posted · Report post

Where do i put them? In insted of what? The Browser Internet Explorer under explorer 8 have a problem thanks

Posted · Report post

You add this CSS to Custom Code > Custom CSS in PageLines > Site Options. For further insight on custom CSS, please see here: http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/Custom_CSS Also, would it be possible for you to take and post a screenshot of your site on Internet Explorer?

Posted · Report post

thanks! I change the nav font colore, how can i make it bold? do you have all the scripts in one place? as you can see there still a problem withe the gap it's just nerowing the nav bar How can i uplode the screenshot? all the best yoed

Posted · Report post

Hi To make it bold You can try add in PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code > CSS Rules

.navbar .navline > li > a { font-weight: bold;}

It is advisable to learn how to do this on your own too. Check out http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/Custom_CSS

Posted · Report post

Hi again Adjust the value 375px If you wish to have a large or smaller gap. Modify in PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code > CSS Rules

#branding { height: 375px; }

and see if resolve the gap ;)

Posted · Report post

Thank's still there is a problem with the gap this is not the code i need this code dos't nerowing the gap Can i cahnge the nav color as well? (other then the 4 colors)

Posted · Report post

Hi, OK, please try the code below.

#branding .content { background: transparent; }
	#branding { height: 355px; }

Posted · Report post

Thank's Can i cahnge the nav color as well? (other then the 4 colors)

Posted · Report post

If you mean the NavBar background color, yes you can have it any color you like if you use custom CSS. There is also a product on the store called CrackBar which has multiple style options if you prefer to have it done for you via an option rather than mess around with CSS. http://www.pagelines.com/store/sections/crackbar/