Photo
- - - - -

Primary Sidebar shows wrong widgets

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#21 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:52 PM

This is strange issue. When you add the german .po file and keep all other plugins deactivated, do you see the same issue?

#22 ipereda

ipereda

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 11:41 AM

Hi, I've the same problem as basmati. When I put the pagelines German translate file (de_DE.po & de_DE.mo) into pagelines languages folder, the sidebars showing wrong widgets: displays the default widgets (Categories, Archives, Calendar and Meta). My test environment in localhost works with Wordpress MU (Multisite 3.4.1 version) and three languages (es_ES.po, de_DE.po and ca.po). Any idea? Thanks!

#23 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:33 PM

Have you already tried deactivating other active plugins?

#24 ipereda

ipereda

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:23 PM

Catrina, yes, plugins deactivated. I have only the Multisite Language Switcher, Akismet and Pagelines ActionMap.
Unchanged :-(
Regards

#25 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:40 PM

Okay, the developer has said that both widgets and language files are in no way connected so this issue is somewhat of an enigma. Will need to report this.

#26 ipereda

ipereda

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 09:10 PM

Hi, A solution to this problem with de sidebar widgets in German localizations: 1.- Edit the "de_DE.po" German language file with "poedit" tool. This file is in languages folder of pagelines theme. 2.- Search the name of sidebars. For example: Primary Sidebar, Secondary Sidebar, Universal Sidebar, etc... 3.- Change the translation to English. For example: Primary Sidebar to Primary Sidebar :-) 4.- Save changes (de_DE.mo file) and exit. Regards

#27 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:49 PM

The new .po and .mo files may be viewed by WP as installation of a new theme. As a result, your widget order probably went out of normal positioning. Widgets can simply be re-ordered by sliding them from sidebar to sidebar (up and down). Just don't slide them to the left, as that will remove widget settings. But if you slide from Primary to Tertiary, for example, the settings are retained.

#28 butcher

butcher

Advanced Member

• Members

• 33 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:29 PM

Yeah, the problem is with the transtlation names for the sidebars only. When I deleted the names of the sidebars all works fine again. The no real need for me to translate sidebar names...but still - its a wierd problem...