Photo
- - - - -

How to add a custom image for each page?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 mrwebb310

mrwebb310

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:09 PM

Hello, I'm trying to add a custom header image for each of my sites pages on Pagelines Framework? What's the easiest path to accomplish this, please?

#2 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 2085 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:36 PM

Hi You can use different feature in each page. 1. Login to your Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop 2. Select the "Header Template", then drag and drop the "Features" in to the header and position it above every other section you have in the template. 3. Then add New Features with different "Features Sets" 4. Finally set up Features in "Pagelines Meta Settings" for each page as you like

#3 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:40 PM

This isn't an easy task as no frameworks or themes are intended to have custom page headers. The purpose of the header throughout the industry is to maintain consistent content, such as menus, branding (logo) etc. There may be plugins, and you can always go the route of replacing all the elements of your header with the Universal Sidebar and then using Widget Logic and a text widget to place both specific backgrounds per page (you have to create a class for each page) and your header resources (branding, menu, etc.) Try this plugin:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#4 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 2085 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:44 PM

The rangelone??s solution is better than mine. ;)

#5 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:05 PM

Don't underestimate Batman's suggestion as it's a perfectly valid option. The plugin is probably your best, followed by Batman's then the manual method.

#6 mrwebb310

mrwebb310

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:40 PM

Hi, I uploaded both the unigue header and taxonomy plugins and set a custom header image, but the image is still not showing up when I open the page??

#7 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 2085 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:51 PM

Hi mrwebb310
I see with firebug that you have in your header the "branding"
@rangelone said:
"replacing all the elements of your header with the Universal Sidebar"
You go
Pagelines > Drag & Drop > Header
And drag in the "Activate section" the Universal Sidebar like this
Posted Image

#8 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:12 PM

Yes, you cannot have any of the usual elements in the header if you're going to use the method I described. You will need this plugin:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

which allows you to specify the pages on which a widget is to appear. Thank you Batman for that perfect analysis and screenshot.