Photo
- - - - -

Any way to get third (grandchild) level menu items to show on the new navbar?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 artemesia66

artemesia66

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:45 PM

I'd like to switch my site over from the classic nav to the new navbar, because it behaves so much better in a mobile browser. However, I really need to see the third level of the navigation. It's in the wordpress menu, and it works fine in the classic nav, but is missing in the new navbar. Any ideas?

#2 batman

batman

Bat Learning

• Members

• 2075 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:10 PM

Hi
@danny said in this

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

The new Navbar doesn't support grandchild (Level 3) menu items unfortunately. Therefore, if you wish to have this functionality, I recommend you contact one of the PageLines Pros.

#3 artemesia66

artemesia66

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:17 PM

Thanks, batman. Unfortunately, the budget doesn't support that, so back to the drawing board. I do remember fondly the days when people would actually help, rather than wanting to be hired.

#4 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:37 PM

Artemesia66, I apologize and feel sad that you feel we're not supporting you. Presently, Batman is a client just as you are, and makes his recommendation from the heart, hoping to help you get a proper solution. But he also realizes you're asking for something that PageLines doesn't offer. You're certainly free to use a menu such as Uber Menus, which is a premium (low-priced) menu option available via

or, you can always structure your menus differently. Let's say you have: Parent --Child ----Grandchild (a page) You can add a Secondary menu to the Grandchild Page, linking people to each great grandchild related page This is a horizontal non-drop down menu like so. greatgrandchild1 greatgrandchild2 greatgrandchild3 greatgrandchild4 greatgrandchild5 Any time someone clicks on greatgrandchild1, you can also have another secondary menu there: greatgreatgrandchild1 greatgreatgrandchild2 greatgreatgrandchild3 greatgreatgrandchild4 and so on... That's the easy, affordable way. You may created as many secondary menus as you wish at Dashboard > Appearance > Menus.

#5 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15788 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:35 AM

Hi Artemesia66, Unfortunately, your issue with the NavBar not supporting grandchild level menu items is not actually our fault. The Navbar section is based on Twitters Bootstraps navigation and they have designed their navigation this way. If you wish to have this type of functionality, you can either contact one of our Pros or use the Nav Classic menu section instead.

#6 artemesia66

artemesia66

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:37 PM

Thanks, both of you. I do apologize if I sounded churlish. I've had grandchild nav working for ages, first in platform pro, and now on pagelines. The challenge is in converting an established, information dense site to something mobile-friendly. I'm hoping not to completely restructure menus and get into 301 redirect hell. I'll look for a plug-in alternative--It looks like Uber Menu might just do the trick. Thanks again for your help.

#7 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:49 PM

No problem. Let us know if you need any further assistance.