Photo
- - - - -

Layout editor - issue when saving changes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 revoltoid

revoltoid

Advanced Member

• Members

• 99 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:25 PM

Hello, Just thought I mention this issue, looks like a bug to me. When I change the layout in Dashboard/Pagelines/Site Options/Layout Editor/Layout Dimension Editor, and I save it, it seems its done, but if I click somewhere else and the return to it, it shows the layout before the change, so it basically doesn't save the changes. Except in one case; if I log out immediately after hitting the save button and I don't touch anything else, the changes are there after logging in again. If I want two changes, I log out after the first change, log in and do the second change, save, then log out again. after logging in, the changes are there, but only if I keep logging out after saving them. Would be cool if it was fixed, not that I change layout that often, it just bugs me. Framework 2.2.5 WP 3.4.1 Windows 7 64 bit Google Chrome not sure what else to list Thanks, Istvan

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17923 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:08 AM

Hi, I personally haven't experienced this and I am constantly changing the settings, layout etc... Also, no other user has reported this either. Therefore, can you disable all active plugins and see if this resolves the issue.

#3 revoltoid

revoltoid

Advanced Member

• Members

• 99 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:08 AM

Hi Danny, I downloaded this Jing thing to show you my layout editor. http://screencast.com/t/gRp4sJtR Istvan

#4 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17923 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:00 AM

Hmmm. That may well be a bug with Ajax saving. This doesn't happen if Ajax Saving is disabled. I will bring this to the attention of our developers, thanks for the video it was most helpful.

#5 revoltoid

revoltoid

Advanced Member

• Members

• 99 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:40 PM

Thanks Danny, Hopefully they find a way to eliminate it in next updates, if its something to do with the framework. To be honest, it sometimes happens with other options as well, not just the layout editor, but it is not a major issue for me as I have found a workaround, when I see changes not getting saved I jut log out right after hitting the save button and when I log in again, the changes are there. Happens sometimes, not often. But if this is something that can be fixed that would certainly help to enjoy the Framework even more.

#6 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:50 PM

I agree, it would definitely make the Framework more enjoyable.

#7 travisbrandon

travisbrandon

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:47 PM

I have the same problem with pagelines framework. I make changes and then save, and when i view the site the changes have not been made.

#8 Simon_P

Simon_P

Messer

• Administrators

• 8388607 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:53 PM

travisbrandon If you have an issue please start your own topic, the OP was about the layout editor, you are talking about front end changes.

Apologies to the original poster for the email notifications.