Photo
- - - - -

Editing Pagelines CSS Using Plugin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 hireconrad

hireconrad

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:16 AM

Hi, I've been using firebug to figure out the inner workings of the iblogpro5 theme from page lines, and using the customize css plugin to change elements of the theme. I have a few questions: 1) When i add a style to the plugin with a file location (an image located in the iblogpro 5 themes image folder), i can't it to work. ie: original: background: url("images/nav-bg.png") repeat-x scroll left bottom rgb(90, 92, 94); new (added to the pagelines customize plugin): background: url("images/new-bg.png") repeat-x scroll left bottom rgb(90, 92, 94); I've added the file "new-bg.png" to the right folder, but when i reload the page the new image file for the menu does not appear. Do i need to point to the image location in a different way? 2)How do i nullify a css style? ie: original: #page .navigation_wrap .searchform .searchfield { background: url("images/bg-search.png") repeat-x scroll 0 0 transparent; } when i hide the above css in firebug, i can see a magnify glass appear in the search bar. I want that to show up instead of the above css file. I have tried the following which has not worked to produce the desired effect: #page .navigation_wrap .searchform .searchfield { background-image: none; } 3)How can I remove the text "search" from the search bar? I just want the magnify glass to show up instead? 4) How do i change the colour of the magnify glass in the search bar?

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 15084 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:28 AM

Hi,

1. This is because when you use a URL like this (images/bg-search.png), it is called a relative path. Which means its relative to the CSS file. So basically, if you were going to do this with the PageLines customisation plug-in, you will need to have your images relative to the style.css file located in the PageLines customisation plug-in folder.

For more information on relative URLs in CSS, read this here -

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

2. The CSS has background and not background image like you have added. Therefore, give this a try instead.

If that doesn't work, add !important to your CSS, so it looks like this:

3. This would require customising the code. If you require assistance with this, I recommend you contact a PageLines Pro. -

4. The Magnifying glass is an image, therefore you will need to edit the image in software such as GIMP or Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator.