Photo
- - - - -

Category SubNavigation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 sinisterbrain

sinisterbrain

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:29 PM

Version Information: * PagelinesPro 2.2.5 * Wordpress 3.4.1 I've figured out how to enable either manually set secondary navigation OR page based secondary navigation, but cannot figure out how to do it for hierarchical categories. For example, I have the following (2-level) Hierarchical Categories: Entertainment -- Art &Media -- Music & Performance -- ... Health -- Education -- Research -- ... Lifestyle -- Fashion -- Parenting -- ... ... I'm trying to set it up so that if you're in Entertainment or any of the sub categories that it will show all of Entertainment's sub categories as secondary navigation. Is this possible using PageLines? This is for an existing 8000+ post news blog that is being migrated from Drupal to Wordpress to make it easier for the owners (a non-profit) to manage. I went with PageLines because most of the features were drag-and-drop making it easier to teach someone than PHP. I'm trying to do as little custom programming as possible. The Heavy customization and complexity of drupal is behind the motivation to migration to wordpress.

#2 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 16376 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:48 AM

Hi, If I understand you correctly, you wish to use the Secondary Navigation section to display child categories when viewing the parent category ? - If so, that is not possible unfortunately, as it is only intended to be used with pages and child pages. However, if you're simply referring to your navigation menu, you can add child categories to its parent using the drag and drop custom menu screen in Wordpress.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content