Editing a Pagelines Theme - How to?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hireconrad

hireconrad

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:00 PM

Hi, could someone direct me to a site or video on the basics on editing a page lines theme? I would like to be able to change: 1)font type and weight of menu bar text 2)replace the word "search" in the search bar with a magnify glass icon 3)i would like a box to change colour when hovering over 4) learn to manipulate the objects on the website. I have a decent understanding of html and css, but I've never really modified anything on wordpress or pagelines.

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:27 PM

1) You can use custom CSS. Firebug (

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

) can be used to help you find the CSS customization you need. For instructions on how to do this, please refer to this documentation:

2) You can also use custom CSS to add a magnify glass icon (more specifically, the background image property:

3) Which box are you referring to? 4) Manipulate objects in what way?

#3 hireconrad

hireconrad

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:41 PM

3) Which box are you referring to?
4) Manipulate objects in what way?

3) Boxes im referring to are the pagelines Boxes that you can add to a page. I would like to make the box into a big button that when hovering over it, changes colour.
example of what i want:

(dual core chip section)

4)i want to learn how to reposition elements of the theme beyond that allowed in the pagelines framework. Ive seen some interesting website with elaborate themes, and in order to replicate them in pagelines i would need to know how to reposition the structure of the site.

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:53 PM

3. It would be easier to create an image, put it in the box, and use an HTML solution to make the image change on hover. You will need the two graphics, however (one graphic for the non-hover state and another for the hover state). 4. You can reposition elements using the template settings. If you need to go beyond and above to an elaborate level of customization, you may need to hire a Pro (

) to assist (depending on how complex the changes are).