Photo
- - - - -

PageLines Framework is more than I need...how do I simply upgrade my Platform theme to pro?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 amysinger

amysinger

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:54 PM

Clearly I'm a noob. Have tried to understand what to do, but it's unclear. I simply want the Pro version of Platform, not the entire Framework. (Which I've purchased and now have no idea what to do with. I don't want to lose all the settings in my Platform theme...just add the Googlefonts to them, etc. And I emphatically don't want the theme to be responsive. We have ads that can't be bumped off the sides no matter the width of the screen.) How do I do this? Thanks for helping out a lost soul, Amy

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:30 PM

There is no Pro version of PlatformPro. I think you are referring to PlatformPro itself (since the only version of Framework is PageLines Framework, which isn't a theme, but a framework, and the PageLines Pro theme is the theme designed for that Framework).

#3 amysinger

amysinger

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:46 PM

Yes, I meant the Pro version of Platform. So I have to have the Framework in place to then get the Pro theme? I couldn't find it in the store here...where is it? And will I be able to retain my Platform settings? Thanks for your help! Amy

#4 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:51 PM

Framework already uses PageLines Pro by default. You don't need to install anything additional. Since PlatformPro is a complete different theme, you'll need to set up your settings again. For further reference, please see this:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#5 amysinger

amysinger

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:56 AM

Catrina, THANK YOU! I'm stuck on something now -- on the right sidebar, the "SPONSORED BY" section is showing the ads as tiny thumbnails. The widget settings have not changed since it worked fine in the old theme, and I can't find any setting in Page Lines that's automatically shrinking images. It's also putting them in bordered boxes, and I didn't want that either. They're supposed to display in 1 vertical line, no borders.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Do you have any idea where this is happening so I can fix it? Thank you! A