Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Move a botton nav link at the end of NAV MENU

Question

Posted · Report post

Hi there, I have a NAVMENU on my site and my client would like to see the last button nav link... (that is the button for choose the language of the site) at the end right of the nav menu. How can i do that? Thanks for fast reply

20 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Stefano, try the Calabrese solution. Already implemented. Just check the site and let me know if it's okay.

Posted · Report post

But appear like the last button after the other.. me iwould link that go at the end of the nav bar not at least of the link button.. is different.

Posted · Report post

Like: HOME______OUR MISSION______REAL ESTATE______CONTACT US_________________________CHOOSE IDIOMA

Posted · Report post

At the opposit of home or bar logo and alligned to the right.

Posted · Report post

And is not more simple that all this reply write the code here if you know.. cause i know that using firebug i can find but I DONT KNOOOOOWWWW it's one year that i write here .. i ask there cause i dont know how use correctly the code.. and the last time i do by my salf i had back a lot of error. What i don't undestrand is this.. every time we have to make a lot of work for have a solution.. give me the solution.. or say to me that you can give me the solution and i have to do by my self.. but if i do by my self i dont need a support forum, you dont think Catrina?

Posted · Report post

Please add the custom link for "Choose Idioma" to your menu and then I'll give you an example and explain it.

Posted · Report post

Ok .. i do;) Thanks..

Posted · Report post

Stefano, this is not a common request, nor will CSS easily do what you're asking, so I'm going to suggest an unusual solution, but one that works. In Dashboard > Appearance > Menus for "Choose Idioma" I want you to go to the Label field where it says "Choose Idioma" and insert many

before "Choose".... like so
          Choose Idioma
This will make the menu item very wide, and it will be completely linkable. If you don't want that, then insert a new menu item before that item. Make the new item link "#" and in the label put

Repeat

as many times as needed to get the right spacing. This will create a blank space, unlinked menu item that will push "Choose Idioma" further to the right. I know this isn't perfect. It's a solution a la Napolitano.

Posted · Report post

Si vede che ?? una soluzione da Napoletano!!! But... I need a code cause if the page width change ... or browser etc.. this change to.. and i need a stable solution.. is possible that no one of you technical.. know how do that??? ;)

Posted · Report post

Okay. Go to Dashboard > Appearance > Menus and click "Screen Options" at the top of the page. Check the box for "CSS Classes" and then click "Screen Options" again. Go to the Choose Idioma menu item. Edit it. A new option will appear to add a CSS class. Type in 'idioma-right' (without quotes). Add .idioma-right {float:right;} to your CSS. It might work, but that's much more of a Siciliano solution.

Posted · Report post

@stefanoferruggiara: Why not just add the link in the Menu? Appearance > Menus > Custom Links

Posted · Report post

Adding a custom link to a menu would be an appropriate and easy solution.

Posted · Report post

No.. doesn't work!

Posted · Report post

The first and the second.. doesn't work... I set on my RU EN IT link on the menu and nothing work!

Posted · Report post

I don't know of any other way to make the last menu item align further to the right unless you use the margin-left property, but that isn't a very stable or elegant solution.

Posted · Report post

Then is impossible move a button at the end of the navbar?

Posted · Report post

Maybe, but it isn't a dynamic solution (so it won't look as it should on a mobile device).