Get Fixed Menu in Sidebar to travel OVER Main Content when Browser Resized

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 betron1017

betron1017

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:13 PM

I've been reading a great deal about floated elements and positioning via CSS, and I haven't been able to figure out a way to fix this inside of the Pagelines Framework. As you can see, I have a fixed "floating" menu via a Text Widget in the Sidebar. When the browser window is resized smaller, this menu juts down to the bottom of the Main Content area. I'm trying to get the Sidebar's floating menu to come OVER the Main Content area when the browser window is resized. On

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

, his menu behaves the way I'd like mine to. I examined his code, and it showed his navigation being written before his main content area. In pagelines, the Main Content is written prior to the Sidebar Content (where my menu is). I'm pretty sure this is why the menu in the sidebar keeps jutting below instead of above the Main Content. Is there any way to correct this issue, and have the Sidebar Content move above the Main Content when the browser window is resized?

#2 catrina

catrina

Advocate

• Members
  • 12345 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:12 PM

The floating menu in a text widget goes down to the bottom of the content area because the widget is in a sidebar. The sidebar can't move above the main content when the browser window is resized and I'm not certain it would be a good idea to change the structure of the layout. With assistance from a Pro, I think you can get the customization assistance you need:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content