Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alligning social icons in horizontal row

Question

Posted · Report post

Hey all, As a newbie, I have been trying to build a basic site using Pagelines Pro and so far it has been going ok. My issue is that I have added a set of social icons using the 'pagelines_after_footer' action. However, I am not able to get them to allign in a horizontal row. As you can see from the site they are vertical, which is not that nice. http://www.mediaai.com.tw/ I appreciate any help. I have using the forum extensively and your advice is greatly appreciated.

5 answers to this question

Posted · Report post

Well, I am using Firebug and have managed to align the social icons horizontally using the "float" property. However, I am unable to align them in the center. I realize that there is no float:"center" option, so any help is greatly appreciated in getting the icons centered. Cheers

Posted · Report post

I figured it out... Just added .social {text-align:center;} as custom code.

Posted · Report post

Thank you for informing us that the issue is now resolved we appreciate it.

Posted · Report post

This is the code I have added to Functions.php: add_action('pagelines_after_footer', 'add_social_btn'); // function name function add_social_btn(){ ?>

social_facebook_button_blue_32.pngsocial_twitter_button_blue_32.pngsocial_linkedin_button_blue_32.png
<?php } // end function

Posted · Report post

Hi, You will need to add a couple CSS elements to make this work. Make sure you've downloaded Firebug for Firefox and check out W3 Schools for more info. Also please be sure to watch our Firebug video tutorial here.