iblogpro 5 install error

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 hireconrad

hireconrad

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:53 PM

I am getting the following error on my new site when i try and install the iblogpro 5 theme from the page lines store. Fatal error: Class 'PageLinesThemeSupport' not found in .../wp-content/themes/pagelines-iblogpro5/functions.php on line 8 What am i doing wrong? how do i fix this?

#2 Rob

Rob

One Smart Egg

• Members
  • 13575 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA
  • Framework Version:The Latest, of course

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:05 AM

For some reason, iBlogPro5 is installing in the wrong location. Likely, someone moved or renamed it. As a result, the parent cannot find the child theme to install it properly. Does anyone have FTP access to your site besides yourself? I'd suggest removing that pagelines-iblogpro5 folder and its contents by FTP and trying again. Let us know how it goes.

#3 hireconrad

hireconrad

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:02 AM

I've done it more then once and the same thing happens I'm the only person who has access to my site. I just recently started this new site, installed page lines framework, added a few pages, then bought and downloaded the new theme. Went into the pagelines store and clicked "install". Activated the theme and the above error keeps popping up.

#4 hireconrad

hireconrad

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:17 AM

ok, i got it to work. I uninstalled page lines, and reinstalled it all. I do have a new issue. My menu bar doesn't look like the live demo of iblogpro5, and the page lines logo is missing from top and bottom. Ive double checked by again uninstalling both pagelines and the iblogpro theme, and then reinstalling page lines, and the Pagelines logo and the leaf at the bottom are not loading. When i install the iblogpro now, i no longer get the error, however the page lines logo and leaf are still not loading, and more importantly the menu bar up to looking nothing like the one on the live demo.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#5 hireconrad

hireconrad

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:56 AM

I've figured out the missing images issue,
but my menu bar still looks wrong.

Posted Image

#6 Danny

Danny

Is Awesome!

• Moderators
  • 17966 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:39 AM

Hi, Login to your Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Drag and Drop > Header, then drag and drop the Nav Classic section into the active sections area and then remove the NavBar section to the Available / Disabled Sections. Once completed, go to your website and refresh the page, the navigation should now look the same.

#7 hireconrad

hireconrad

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:06 PM

Ive done as Danny suggested, and the menu bar looks better, but not the same as the iblogpro 5 demo. here is a comparison:

Posted Image

the theme demo menu bar is different in the following ways:
1) taller
2) text is easier to read and more clear
3) the separator lines between menu options extends all the way down to the bottom of the bar
4) the selected page is highlighted dark on the demo, and highlighted white on my page